- Lead the creation of effective communications messages and strategies for our church and communities.
- Tell the story of The Orchard in our church and community through stories of life-change via video, social media, interviews, newsletter, etc.
- Support the Lead Pastor and campus pastors in conveying their vision and priorities to appropriate audiences.
- Create, implement, and evaluate internal and external communication that aligns with our mission, vision, values and brand.
- Be aware of changes in the world of communications and employ new tools and strategies as appropriate.
- Serve as the point person for church public relations.
- Oversee the communications budget and team, which includes the communications coordinator and graphic designer.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, creative writing or related field and at least three years marketing or communications experience.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Prior experience with marketing and/or public relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated; able to initiate projects and work independently.
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Positive and supportive attitude; team player.
- Ministry experience in a local church or other large ministry venue a plus.
About this Church
The Orchard Evangelical Free Church is one church in seven communities in the Chicago area. We exist to glorify God by multiplying God-centered, Christ-exalting, world-transforming believers through the Gospel in the greater Chicago area and around the world.