The KIDS Ministry Pastor’s role is to love and lead children (birth to 6th grade) in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to partner with parents, equipping them to be the biggest spiritual influence in the life of their child. The KMP will lead through the implementation of a strategic discipleship plan (in conjunction with Seacoast’s larger strategy for discipleship) for leaders, create teams, recruit volunteers, create and develop future ministry leaders, plan kids outreach events, cast vision and manage the kid’s ministry budget. The KMP will also develop and implement various policies and strategies, under the direction of the elders, to ensure the safety of all children on our campus. Additionally, the KMP will manage, develop, and lead the Associate KIDS Ministry Director, while serving as a valued member of the larger staff at Seacoast Community Church. This position reports to the Family Pastor.
- Oversee all ministries for children ages birth-6th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer events, special events, etc.
- Maintain and execute a safe and welcoming church experience for all children and families
- Build volunteer teams by recruiting, interviewing, vetting and training individuals to serve in various Kids ministry roles to cover all Kids ministry service and event needs
- Invest in the KIDS Ministry leaders to provide them with opportunities to grow deeper in faith through discipleship, as well as show appreciation by conducting monthly 1:1 meetings
- Develop and oversee a cohesive strategy and implementation plan for the spiritual growth of children from birth – 6th grade
- Develop an outreach strategy and lead implementation to reach new families
- Lead the KIDS Ministry team to develop and adhere to the vision of SCC
- Create and implement a cohesive and strategic annual ministry plan including budget
- Regularly cast vision for the children’s ministry to the congregation, volunteers and parents
- Develop resources and communications to equip parents through teachings, intergenerational experiences, missional family service opportunities, connection events, texts, social media and email
- Clearly communicate with volunteer members
- Lead regularly scheduled volunteer training
- Reach out and meet with new families
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend Monthly 1:1 meetings with Family Pastor
- Maintain proficiency in the use of Orange curriculum. Responsible for ongoing coaching, development and encouragement of team leaders and members regarding the Kids weekend experience for kids and families
- Maintain clean, safe, organized and welcoming Kids rooms
- Be responsible for the implementation of all Family ministry policies and procedures as well as training all team members and leaders on said policies and procedures
- Be responsible for maintaining and communicating emergency plans to staff and team members. Supply all rooms with appropriate safety and first aid equipment
- Be proficient in scheduling, assimilation and care procedures, specifically using Planning Center Online for all service flow plans, curriculum information, database needs and communications
- Cultivate authentic relationships with children and parents
- Work closely with Student Pastor to develop and launch a vibrant 5-6 program
- Oversight of MOPS
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for reaching and equipping children and their parents for Christ
- Agreement to SCC’s doctrinal statement
- Abilities and strengths in:
- Relationship building, shepherding and team building
- Communicating and teaching
- Program planning and scheduling
- Great at building and leading teams and developing leaders
- Outreach focused - Intuitively connects and builds relationships with unbelievers and seeks out opportunities to talk about spiritual matters
- Likable and relationally connects with children and parents
- Passionate about a partnership between parents and the church
- Effective communicator of core truth to children and parents
- Creative and looking for new ideas
- Team player
- 5+ years experience of leading children’s ministry in churches of 500+ preferred
- B.A. in Children’s Ministry or related field
- Experience in leading a multicultural children’s ministry
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience and passion for building and leading Women’s ministry
About this Church
Seacoast is a healthy, multi-generational, mid-sized church located in the beach town of Encinitas, CA.
Our Purpose: We exist to help people discover life in Jesus and learn to walk in His ways.
Our Structures: We are HOME to those searching in their faith, a FAMILY of disciples be-ing transformed by the good news of Jesus, and a MOVEMENT of people blessing the neighborhoods in which we live and work.
- Jesus-Centered Theology - The ways, words, and works of Jesus shape our identity, our thinking and our mission.
- Radical Hospitality - We go out of our way to ensure everyone we encounter feels like he/she belongs.
- Authentic Community - We model transparency and celebrate progress not perfection.
- Joyful Generosity - We share God’s blessings with joy. We sacrificially give our time, talents and treasures as individuals and as an organization.
- Outward Focus - We are shaped inwardly to live outwardly.
- Big Faith - We believe God’s mission is big and want to trust God to do big things. We pray for God to lead.
- Next Generation Oriented - We focus on reaching kids, youth and young families. We encourage older generations to invest in the younger.