The Student Ministry Pastors’ role is to love and lead students (7th-12th grade) in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to partner with parents, equipping them to be the biggest spiritual influence in the life of their child. The SMP will lead through the implementation of a strategic discipleship plan (in conjunction with Seacoast’s larger strategy for discipleship) for leaders, create teams, recruit volunteers, create and develop future ministry leaders, plan student out-reach events, cast vision and manage the student ministry budget. Additionally, the SMP will manage, develop and lead the Associate Student Ministry Director, while serving as a valued member of the larger staff at Seacoast Community Church. This position reports to the Family Pastor.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ
- Oversee all ministries for students 7th-12th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer events, camps, special events, etc.
- Plan, lead and execute weekly mid-week and weekend programs
- Work closely with the KIDS Pastor to develop and launch a vibrant 5-6 program
- Teach or delegate teaching for mid-week gatherings
- Recruit, train, lead and collaborate with volunteer teams who will focus on serving as Core Group leaders for student ministries
- Develop a student leadership team and provide regular training and opportunities to serve
- Invest in the SM leaders to provide them with opportunities to grow deeper in faith through discipleship, as well as show appreciation by conducting monthly 1:1 meetings
- Maintain proficiency in the use of Orange curriculum
- In conjunction with Orange curriculum, develop and oversee a cohesive strategy and implementation plan for the spiritual growth for students at each grade marker
- Create meaningful promotion experiences for students and family as they transition through their grades
- Develop an outreach strategy and lead implementation to reach new families
- Develop relationships with local school administrations and establish a regular presence on campuses
- Collaborate as a member of the family ministries team to ensure a holistic and unified ministry approach
- Be responsible for the implementation of all family ministry policies and procedures as well as training all team members and leaders on said policies and procedures
- Regularly cast vision for the student ministry to the congregation, volunteers and parents
- Develop resources and communications to equip parents through teachings, intergenerational experiences, missional family service opportunities, connection events, texts, social media and email
- Oversee rooms and equipment designated for student ministries
- Manage and oversee SM budget
- Ensure calendars and plans for regular and special events are created and communicated promptly
- Be proficient in scheduling, assimilation and care procedures, specifically using Planning Center Online for all service flow plans, curriculum information, database needs and communications
- Participate as a valuable member of the staff team and contribute at weekly staff meetings
- Provide general counseling and encouragement to parents and students as needed
- Ability to relate well to students
- Competent in public speaking
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence when meeting with students, volunteers and parents
- Ability to plan and execute creative, fun programs
- Ability to communicate Biblical truths with an emphasis on the good news of Jesus
- Self-Motivated and able to follow through on plans
- Organized and systematic in time management
- Experienced in building and leading teams
- A team player with a positive attitude
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for reaching and equipping students and their parents for Christ
- Commitment to the purpose and mission of Seacoast Community Church
- Agreement to SCC’s doctrinal statement
- Abilities and strengths in:
- Relationship building, shepherding and team building
- Communicating and teaching
- Program planning and scheduling
- Teachable spirit who is willing to learn from others in a team environment
- Great at building and leading teams, and developing leaders
- Outreach focused - Intuitively connects and builds relationships with unbelievers and seeks out opportunities to talk about spiritual matters.
- Likable and relationally connects with students and parents
- Passionate about a partnership between parents and the church
- Effective communicator of core truth to students and parents
- Creative and looking for new ideas
- Team player
- 5+ years experience of leading student ministry in churches of 500+ preferred
- B.A. in Youth Ministry or related field
- Experience in leading a multicultural student ministry
- Bilingual in Spanish
About this Church
Seacoast is a healthy, multigenerational, mid-sized church located in the beach town of Encinitas, CA.
Our Purpose: We exist to help people discover life in Jesus and learn to walk in His ways.
Our Structures: We are HOME to those searching in their faith, a FAMILY of disciples being transformed by the good news of Jesus, and a MOVEMENT of people blessing the neighborhoods in which we live and work.
- Jesus-Centered theology - The ways, words and works of Jesus shape our identity, our thinking and our mission.
- Radical Hospitality - We go out of our way to ensure everyone we encounter feels like he/she belongs.
- Authentic Community - We model transparency and celebrate progress, not perfection.
- Joyful Generosity - We share God’s blessings with joy. We sacrificially give our time, talents and treasures as individuals and as an organization.
- Outward Focus - We are shaped inwardly to live outwardly.
- Big Faith - We believe God’s mission is big and want to trust God to do big things. We pray for God to lead.
- Next Generation Oriented - We focus on reaching kids, youth and young families. We encourage older generations to invest in the younger.