Overview of Position
- Full Time Position with Benefits
- Personally lead youth ministry and church-wide worship ministry
- Equip members of the church for the work of ministry and service to the body in these ministries
- Work alongside a staff team in the day-to-day life and ministry of the church
- Male candidates or husband/wife teams are encouraged to apply, provided all are enthusiastic complementarians
- Heart and desire to minister to youth and families, some previous youth experience preferred
- Has experience participating in a worship team setting and preferably experience leading a worship team, both vocally and instrumentally
- Completion of bachelor's degree preferred
- Love for God, the Bible, theology and the local church
- Willingness/ability to help shape ministry vision and receive feedback from leadership and other involved members of the church
YOUTH MINISTRY DETAILS
Philosophy of Youth: The primary aim of youth ministry in the local church is to grow young believers into mature Christian men and women who find their joy in Jesus. This is best achieved through a model of ministry that seeks to do at least three things:
- To integrate youth ministry into the larger life and worship of the local church
- To equip parents to be the primary disciplers in their children’s lives; and
- To come alongside the ministry of parenting by providing supplementary youth-centric events, teachings and fellowship.
Therefore, a youth minister should first be passionate about and dedicated to the health of the local church. Secondly, he should not only be gifted in ministering to youth, but have a heart for ministering to Christian parents, helping them raise children to the glory of God.
- Attend to the spiritual maturity of youth by teaching, equipping and planning community-building events
- Facilitate weekly Sunday School and evening meetings
- Plan annual retreats, trips and special events
- Connect with youth and families throughout the week
- Regularly strategize with pastoral staff so as to ensure a ministry vision that coincides with the vision of the church
- Assemble and train youth volunteers
- Pursue youth ministry partnerships with like-minded churches
- Willingness to accept other church-related duties as needed
WORSHIP MINISTRY DETAILS
Philosophy of Worship: We understand worship to encompass the entire Sunday morning service rather than just the musical component. Therefore, the role of the Worship Minister is to help shape the service as a whole alongside the pastors. A Worship Minister should have a heart to shepherd and disciple both the congregation and the worship team. While we strive for excellence to glorify God and edify the body, we do not see the worship service as a performance. We desire music that invites and encourages congregational singing and participation. Our current sound/style includes music from Sovereign Grace, Getty’s, CityAlight, Worship Initiative, modern hymns and an assortment of other contemporary artists.
- Work with pastoral staff in coordinating the overall structure/flow of worship services (song selection, tone/mood, integration of prayer/sharing, etc.)
- Plan and schedule songs, musicians and rehearsals for weekly services and special events (e.g. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Worship/Prayer Nights, Family Events, Joint Worship with like-minded churches)
- Lead worship from the front, but be willing to occasionally lead from the back for the sake of sound mixing, observation/participation in service, feedback to team members, etc.
- Shepherd/equip/disciple members of the worship team
- Perform wide range of worship songs including current song catalogue, hymns, contemporary songs, etc., that are biblically and theologically faithful
- Gain or maintain working knowledge of Planning Center, Pro Presenter, digital sound board and audio/visual equipment
- Audition and integrate new members to the worship team
About this Church
We aspire to be a gospel-centered community that finds its joy in Jesus. We seek to do this through intentional discipleship and by pursuing gospel-centered growth, living and mission. We are affiliated with the EFCA and hold to a reformed baptist perspective. We also participate in the 9Marks and Gospel Coalition networks. We are one of the oldest churches in the Salt Lake valley, having been established over a hundred years ago. Today, we are an intergenerational church with 100 members, 200 regular attenders, and a growing core of younger families. Our youth ministry has a pool of 20-25 students total (6-12th grade).