Sierra Bible Church is a dynamic and inspiring church, with 50 years of history and a city-wide reputation of cultivating the next generation of Christian leaders in Northern Nevada. We seek a fervent spiritual leader to equip and lead our gospel-centered worship ministry.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Worship Pastor who excels in team-building, pastoral gifts and technical skills. The Worship Pastor oversees the vocal, band and production teams for Sierra Bible Church, providing worship leadership to our weekly gatherings and special events. We are looking for someone who is committed to following Christ and leading in accordance with the vision, mission and values of Sierra Bible Church.
To be successful as the Worship Pastor, candidates should be musically talented and committed to developing our volunteers and the congregation in worship. Most importantly, the Worship Pastor should have a genuine desire to lead worship for people across generations and cultures to help people know Christ, grow in Christ and share him with the world.
The successful candidate brings solid Biblical and theological convictions to implement a fresh and lively worship ministry.
SBC seeks a Worship Pastor who embraces and can develop a Christ-centered and God-exalting worship ministry through systems of discipleship and outreach, and communicate with multiple generations in an engaging manner. He will show strength and flexibility in leading his ministry, be a team player, have the heart of a pastor and be able to connect with a multi-generational church and community.
A bachelor’s degree in a pastoral or theological field of study from an accredited evangelical institution and full agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America is a requirement. Prior pastoral staff experience is preferred.
- Provide leadership and pastoral care to the congregation and worship team of Sierra Bible Church through its gospel-centered worship ministry
- Develop the next generation of musicians, artists and worship leaders at Sierra Bible Church in gospel-centered worship ministry
- Be the public face and voice for SBC Worship though pastoral tenderness, warmth and approachability by the congregation
- Recruit and train a diversity of musicians, worship leaders, artists and technicians to implement God-glorifying and inspiring worship gatherings
- Partner with the Senior Pastor to ensure that all worship gatherings are effective and on target regarding content, style, structure, timing and design by cultivating an inviting atmosphere during worship to the entire church body
- Lead and articulate a vision for worship that is understood and shared by SBC members
- Pastoral presence on the platform, with the ability to engage the hearts of the people with the gospel through music and words and exhibiting a passion for reaching those who are far from Christ
- Pastoral warmth expressed through being people-focused, a strong team player with cooperative, healthy and motivating relationships with pastoral team and volunteers
- Strong vocal skills and proficiency in playing piano and/or guitar with the ability to lead while playing
- Competency to lead worship in any venue without accompaniment, but is primarily driven to equip/develop volunteer worship teams (musicians and vocalists) to lead worship
- Open and responsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in the worship gathering without sacrificing musical quality or communication clarity
- Demonstrated Biblical qualifications for pastoral ministry and heart to equip musicians for Christ-centered worship and living. (Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9)
- Proficiency with technology in all church-related software, digital mixing board and database systems such as Planning Center, Pro Presenter and other current standards for professional worship technology and excellent communication skills on a variety of platforms and media
- As part of the pastoral team, be available to the congregation and larger community for pastoral duties such as counseling, weddings, funerals, baptisms, seasonal worship gatherings, hospital visitation, preaching and other related pastoral duties
- Two years of experience working in a ministry context (volunteer or paid staff). Experience as a worship director/leader/pastor is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in pastoral ministries or equivalent from an accredited evangelical institution
- Three to five year commitment to Sierra Bible Church
The Reno/Sparks metropolitan area sits in the beautiful Truckee Meadows on the eastern foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, nearly 440 miles north of Las Vegas and a stone’s throw from Lake Tahoe. Reno has come a long way from its roots in the Wild West and unseemly history of quickie divorces and the birthplace of legalized gambling. Today it is home to a mixture of technology and manufacturing companies, including Tesla, Google, Amazon, Switch, and Rackspace, which have all made large investments in Reno (and its sister city, Sparks) and are creating many jobs as an alternative to Silicon Valley.
The Reno area is trending young, educated, outdoors-oriented, irreligious but “spiritual,” morally-permissive, wealthy, tech-savvy and multiethnic. With increasing economic opportunities, the area’s population is growing rapidly without signs of slowing down. The roughly 440,000 residents who call the Reno metropolitan area home enjoy a wide variety of recreational activities including world-class skiing/snowboarding, hiking, fishing, entertainment, concerts and arts. Reno is also home to the University of Nevada Reno, which is recognized as a top National University by U.S. News & World Report, one of the country’s top research institutions by the Carnegie® Classification and a Carnegie® Engaged University.