To implement the vision and mission of Fellowship Bible Church by providing relational and directional leadership in our junior high and senior high ministries.
PRIMARY LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
Overseeing Student Ministries:
Providing pastoral leadership to the student ministries which includes overseeing biblical teaching, worship, small groups for students, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism, missions and reaching out to students in our community.
Discipling leaders and developing leadership teams:
Personally disciple and develop leaders and ministry teams to promote spiritual growth in student ministries. This includes recruiting, training, evaluating and encouraging ministry team leaders.
Guiding students in developing spiritual maturity:
Engaging all students with opportunities to develop a strong spiritual foundation, a growing faith in Christ, and to experience being an active part of the body of Christ. This includes counseling students in their spiritual development, life choices, family/social relationships and how to live out their values and identity in Christ.
Leading dynamic ministry events for students:
Engaging students throughout the year for the purpose of connecting and growing students while reaching their friends through various ministry events such as weekly youth group meetings, worship nights, special events and retreats.
Assisting parents to be spiritual leaders with their families:
Supporting parents in fulfilling their roles and providing opportunities to become better equipped to be the spiritual leaders in their homes and equipping students to navigate life after high school.
General pastoral ministry:
Serving with the pastoral team on fulfilling other duties such as pastoral care, counseling, baptisms, weddings, funerals and projects as needed.
Seminary education is required.
CHARACTER AND SKILLS
- A Christ-centered leader who demonstrates maturity, integrity and leadership skills and who lives out the mission and vision of Fellowship Bible Church
- Has a strong working knowledge of Scripture, theology and has strong alignment with Fellowship’s doctrinal teaching position
- Has a growth mindset and is proactive in identifying and implementing “next steps” in developing the student ministries and addressing problems
- Will delegate responsibility and authority clearly, and graciously, to staff and members and empower others to take action
- Able to effectively teach in an engaging and life-giving manner
- Has a healthy sense of humor and enjoys people
- An effective and relational team player who creates a culture of excellence where people work together to produce desired results
- Appreciative of volunteers, realizing their importance to the effective operations of the church
- Works with the pastoral team on various ministry projects and takes the lead role on administrative responsibilities as needed
- Able to carry out responsibilities to completion in a timely manner and is capable of translating ideas into action
- Strives to keep meetings concise and timely, respecting other’s schedules and commitments
- Develops and oversees student ministry budget that is consistent with the annual ministry program plans and includes any fundraising that may be needed for special events or mission trips
About this Church
Our Mission: To glorify God by living out the LIFE we have in Christ.
LIFE is an acronym that is an easy way to remember central aspects of growing and maturing in our relationship with Jesus Christ.
I-INVESTING in Others
F-FOLLOWING His Word
E-ENGAGING Our World
Growing Deep & Reaching Out
The vision of Fellowship Bible is to present every person complete in Christ. Just like a healthy, mature tree establishes a deep root system while at the same time branches out and bears fruit, so there is to be a parallel experience in the life of the believer. As a person grows deep in their relationship with Christ, there is to be a corresponding development of Christ-like character and spiritual fruit the Spirit of God produces in the life of the Christian. Our vision is to see every person experience and express authentic maturity in Christ.