The Evangelical Free Church of Bozeman in Bozeman, Montana is excited to welcome a new Pastor of Youth Discipleship to our staff.
Dependent on the Holy Spirit, the Pastor of Youth Discipleship serves the church in providing youth and family leadership in the discipleship of students, 6-12th grade. This person is a trusted voice in the lives of students, and partners with parents in the discipleship of their children.
Ministry Specific Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the ministry to middle school and senior high youth
- Facilitate intentional formal and informal instruction and discipleship
- Recruit, lead, mobilize and train volunteers of adults and college students serving in youth ministry
- Set the tone for pursuing students in intentional discipling relationships
- Teach youth to disciple others and grow in personal evangelism and witness
- Purpose a culture where students from all ranges of spiritual development are welcomed, encouraged and challenged
- Coordinate camps, retreats and events for youth
- Assist parents in helping students transition from childhood to adulthood
- Coordinate with members and leaders to incorporate students into the life of the church
- Oversee the baptism of youth
- Regularly assess the implementation of the vision of youth ministry
General Ministry Responsibilities
- In regular discipling relationships with people within our church body
- Congregational care, dedicating time to crisis care, counseling, weddings, funerals, relationship building
- Limited preaching on Sunday morning and shared responsibilities of teaching classes – theology, membership, baptism, child dedication, etc.
If after reading this document, you are interested in the position, please send your resume and completed search questionnaire by July 1st to email@example.com. We will not consider your submission unless your resume and questionnaire are submitted.