Harvest is looking for a Lead Pastor who is comfortable and gifted at preaching and is able to lead our multi-campus, multi-staffed team into the future.
We currently have three full-time Associate Pastors, one part-time Pastor, three part-time support staff, a Children’s Ministry Director and a Student Ministries Intern on staff.
Purpose of Position
To teach and preach the Word of God, to serve as an elder of the church and to offer pastoral care as a shepherd of the flock (Ephesians 4:11-12).
Personal (I Timothy 3:1-7, II Timothy 2:24-26, I Peter 5:1-4):
- Nurtures a personal, consistent and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Displays a character that is above reproach
- Does not forsake the ministry of his family for the ministry of the church
- Provides Christ-like servant leadership in the home, as evidenced in his wife and children
- Demonstrates a teachable and gentle spirit befitting a mature servant of Jesus Christ
- Is motivated by the Holy Spirit’s love, not by power, position or possessions
- Desires to build loving relationships both inside and outside the church
- Exhibits the courage to preach the truth with grace and reason (I Peter 3:15-16)
- Teaches effectively: is able to declare God’s Word with authority and love
- Humbles himself as a servant
- Leads with giftedness and vision: is able to motivate and challenge others
- Is an elder of the church and is accountable to the Elder Leadership Team (ELT)
- Relates closely with pastoral, ministry and support staff and ministry leaders
Devotes himself to the ministry of the Word and to prayer (II Timothy 4:2).
- Preaches through the Bible in an expository manner
- Coordinates the pulpit ministry
- Mentors those in the congregation with the gifts of preaching and teaching
- Encourages the congregation to be prayerful and missional
Provides leadership in carrying out the vision for the staff, elders and other ministries.
- Provides leadership and vision for our 3 campuses (2 English, 1 Spanish speaking)
- Oversees the pastoral, ministry and support staff
- Promotes a team spirit among staff, church leadership and the church family
- Works with the Elder team in meeting spiritual needs of the body
- Provides support for ministry leaders
Offers Pastoral care as a shepherd of the flock (Acts 20:28).
- Promotes unity among the church family
- Is involved in counseling and visitation, as needed
- Officiates at weddings, funerals, etc.
- Initiates and builds relationships
About this Church
Harvest is a vibrant church that has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years. We have grown because of our commitment to quality, practical, Gospel-centered preaching of the Word, verse by verse.
We currently have three campuses: Our main campus, just outside of Beaver Dam, currently provides two Sunday morning worship opportunities, a full Children’s ministry program both Sundays and midweek, a growing Student Ministry, numerous small groups, men’s groups that meet weekly, and a women’s midweek program that ministers to many women in Harvest as well as the community.
Our current average attendance at this campus is 275. We livestream our services as well, and still have many people worshipping via that venue. We were averaging attendance in the mid-400’s prior to the pandemic. Pastor Scott and Pastor Brex both serve at this campus as Associate Pastors and oversee worship, student ministry and congregational care.
Uncion Fresca is our Hispanic campus that meets at the Beaver Dam building. Pastor Edwin is a bi-vocational Pastor for this growing ministry. We have converted our gym into a chapel where weekly worship is held concurrently with the main campus’ second service. About 50 people attend each week.
In 2020, we launched a campus in Columbus, a city about 15 miles south of Beaver Dam. Pastor Karl leads this group of about 80. Currently, we rent a storefront downtown for an office and meeting facility, and worship at the Senior Center. There are active men’s and women’s ministries taking place as well as nursery and some student activities.