The Prairie District of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada is seeking a full-time, permanent District Superintendent. The Prairie District is composed of 36 churches residing in Saskatchewan and southern Alberta. The District Superintendent exists for the purpose of providing leadership and oversight to the pastors, churches and ministries of the District by helping live out and reinforce the District’s purpose, mission, vision and values.
The Prairie District purpose is to nurture the establishment and health of Evangelical Free Churches in Saskatchewan and southern Alberta. The mission of the Prairie District is to fulfill its purpose by cultivating authentic relationships, discerning healthy direction and resourcing churches and leaders. The Prairie District’s vision is to see a healthy, gospel-sharing church reaching every community in our District.
The District Superintendent will strive to cooperate with the district churches, pastors, lay leaders and Board to help realize and live out the district’s purpose, mission and vision.
The Prairie District seeks the following ministerial qualifications for this position:
- Completion of ministry/theological education
- 10 years experience as a pastor in a church
- A member in good standing in an EFCC church
- Ordained with the EFCC or willing to pursue ordination within six months of assuming this position
In addition to these ministerial qualifications, the new District Superintendent will be someone who has:
- A life of godly character, serving as an example for pastors and church leaders
- Emotional stability and intelligence
- A teachable and inquisitive mind
- A call to serve our District churches with a gifting in teaching, enabling, and exhortation
- Desiring to be a shepherd of shepherds, helping our pastors live and thrive within their calling
- Commitment to each local, District church and their continuing health and witness in their communities
- Ability to communicate the purpose, mission, vision, and values of the Prairie District
- Capability to help District churches express EFCC identity and ethos
- Understanding of the need for pastoral credentialing and how to help District pastors and staff in this process
- Knowledge and discernment to assist churches and pastors
For further information about the Evangelical Free Church of Canada or the Prairie District, please visit the following:
If you feel led by the Spirit to serve in this ministry position, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com