The Vision of Camino Community Church: Committed to Love Christ, Know Christ, Grow in Christ, Serve Christ and Share Christ”
Objective: To oversee the Children and Youth Ministries of Camino Church. To equip parents to lead their children spiritually.
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines
- A person of prayer
- Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and knows how to walk in the power of the Spirit
- Strong relationship skills
- A healthy balance of work and rest in their life
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside of the church
- In agreement with the doctrines of the Evangelical Free Church of America
- In agreement with the Membership Covenant of Camino Community Church
- Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams
- Ability to connect relationally with parents and children
- Good teaching ability and communication skills
- Ability to work closely with other Ministry Staff, Elder Team and Ministry Leaders to see that our objectives are accomplished
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
- 5-10 year’s experience in Youth or Children’s ministry preferred
- Experience in raising a family would be an asset
- Seminary degree preferred
- To help build a discipling culture among Children, Youth, Parents and Leaders
- Recruiting and Equipping a team of volunteers in Youth and Children’s Ministries that leads to sustainability in these ministry areas (not dependent on paid staff)
- Create a safe environment for Children and Youth that encourages growth in spiritual maturity
- Encourage and equip parents in their role as primary discipler of their children. Support them in teaching and mentoring their children in a life of following Christ
- Develop a Student Leadership Team who will be equipped to lead and make disciples of their peers
- Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community. Help foster an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute
- Work with leaders to develop a coordinated curriculum for all ages that teaches the word of God
- The Family Ministries Pastor will be involved in the community, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ, modeling a missional lifestyle.
Result-Based Job Description
Relationships: This is a highly relational ministry and thus priority must be placed on building healthy relationships amongst children, youth, parents and staff.
- Result #1 -The Family Ministries Pastor knows the Youth and Children in our directory by name as well as their parents’ names
- Result #2 -The Family Ministries Pastor participates regularly in community/school events involving Youth or Children
- Result #3 - Children or Youth and their parents who are new to Camino Church are followed up in a timely manner and made to feel welcome
- Result #4 - The Family Ministry Pastor has developed a weekly pattern of relationship building in his/her neighborhood or with a community organization outside the church
- Result #5 - The Family Ministries Pastor is accessible to parents as a sounding board and to provide prayer and counsel when needed
- Result #6 - Events are planned on a regular basis that are engaging not only to church families but also those in the community
Recruiting and Supervision: This position requires someone who enjoys seeing others succeed and grow in their leadership abilities. The Family Ministries Pastor must first be an equipper and secondly, a doer.
- Result #7 - All volunteers receive training and regular feedback. All Child Abuse and Sexual Exploitation Prevention policies are being implemented
- Result #8 - Regular meetings of adult volunteers and Student Leadership Team are being held for training, encouragement and prayer
- Result #9 - Youth and Children’s Staff have put together ministry plans, goals and budgets and are evaluating progress toward those goals on a regular basis
Programs: Youth and Children’s programs need to maintain the focus on making disciples who have been equipped to make other disciples. Each program needs to be evaluated on the basis of how it is contributing toward this goal. The Family Ministries Pastor along with adult and student volunteers will plan and facilitate these programs.
- Result #10 - The weekly programs are growing in participation, enthusiasm and vision.
- Result #11 - Youth and Children are regularly participating in Sunday morning ministries, learning how to use their gifts and serving others.
- Result #12 - The Family Ministries Pastor is available to take part in Sunday morning ministry, including preaching when necessary and to help with other whole church events.
Accountability: The Family Ministries Pastor is part of the Staff and accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Salaries and Benefits
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience (50,000-60,000 range)
Laptop provided. Housing provided if desired. 800 square foot granny flat suitable for a couple with one or two small children. Rent free. Just pay utilities.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Church
We are essentially a rural church in a small town of about 2,000 people. Our weekly attendance is usually about 50 people. The average age of the church is around 55. We are looking to grow the children's and youth ministry, and the Lord has blessed us with additional finances to hire on another full-time staff member.
Camino Community Church, 4205 Carson Rd. Camino, CA 95709.