Our next pastor will encompass the following qualities:
Our pastor will be a Biblically qualified Elder.
(Acts 20:25-35; Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-3)
Our pastor will have a clear call and ability to shepherd, guard and love the people of God. His example will lead others to a close walk with Christ.
Our pastor will be marked by a profound sense of Jesus' disciplemaking process. He will have a proven track record for making disciples who make disciples.
Our pastor will prepare sermons (33% of the preaching) for our Sunday gatherings as well as teach in other formal and informal roles with humble confidence.
Our pastor will be gentle, humble and above reproach. He will be a man of God, full of integrity, who walks by the Spirit and manifests the fruit of the Spirit.
Great Commission Leader
Our pastor will adhere to the EFCA Statement of Faith. He will have a commitment to lead the church in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Prayerful and Sensible Leader
Our pastor will be a man who has time of prayer, rest and reflection as part of his life’s rhythms. He will exemplify dependence on Jesus in matters of leading and serving.
Our pastor will join our team and seek to honor up, down, and all around. He will learn the culture of the church and be in harmony with the direction set forth by the leadership team.
THE PASTOR'S ROLE
Flat-out: We want a team player, to partner with and work side by side with our current staff, to communicate the infinite value of the glory of Jesus in tandem with developing and growing a disciplemaking culture.
Monroe is in a unique rural setting, not directly associated with any one given community. Our church family consists of individuals from a 30-mile radius, giving us the opportunity to impact multiple communities with the gospel. We are a group of 300-plus believers composed of numerous young couples with many children! We have an exceptional youth and children’s ministry that has touched hundreds of lives.
- A deep satisfaction in the love of Jesus that compels the leading of others to experience the same.
- Innate drive for ongoing development of a disciplemaking culture and a proven track record of doing so.
- Foster intentional relationships with both believers and unbelievers to challenge and equip them in their Biblical identity as image bearers of Christ in their singleness or marriage, parenting, workplace and communities.
- A shepherd's heart and servant’s spirit toward the entirety of the congregation, and their communities, to convey the transforming power of the gospel.
- Ability to teach God’s word both formally and informally with humble confidence.
- Can relate to and understand a Midwest mindset, especially rural Midwest.
Strategic leadership planning and development with vocational and volunteer staff. This would involve learning and communicating the culture of Monroe and guiding each ministry to develop and maintain an intentional disciplemaking mindset.
Oversee Administrative staff and the following ministries:
- Children’s Director
- Worship Director
- Administrative Assistant
- Share in assimilation and group ministries
- Men’s/women’s ministries which include Bible studies
Secondary preaching and teaching. This would be in harmony with current staff in planning and delivering preaching and teaching topics and platforms.
Be an active member of the elder board by assisting the elders and staff in shepherding the congregation. This involves funerals, weddings, baby dedications, baptisms, etc.
Become involved with the community, building relationships and being available to volunteer in areas that you are passionate about.
- TEAM ORIENTED: Team player who is able to work with the staff and within the vision of the church
- THEOLOGY: Doctrinal agreement with the Evangelical Free Church Statement of Faith
- ORDAINED: Willingness to pursue ordination (within the EFCA)
Application should include the following and be sent to email@example.com:
- Resume with educational background, ministry experience, spiritual gifting and references
- Testimony of conversion and call to ministry
- Philosophy of ministry
- Personal or family picture
About this Church
Monroe is uniquely situated in an area to serve many surrounding communities. We are a multigenerational congregation teaming with life. Our Sunday worship gathering and Wednesday night activities have consistently seen 300-plus people entering our doors. We have a vibrant children’s and student ministry along with many young families and their many children.
Our current ministry staff includes three part-time staff (Children’s Director, Worship Director, and administrative assistant) as well as a full-time Pastor and Interim Pastor. We are looking to add to our team someone who is willing to engage our culture and help it grow in spurring people toward true identity and satisfaction in Jesus.
We desire to see our people be disciples who make disciples. So that in their respective communities, our people would build bridges and help others begin and deepen their relationship with Jesus. This vision of bridge building is the guiding principle to our undertakings in our various ministries and missions.
We are committed to embracing, loving and serving alongside our new Pastor.