The Twain Harte Bible Church Pastoral Search Committee (hereafter “PSC”) is accepting resumes for the position of Senior Pastor.
The PSC will evaluate resumes as they are received. After reviewing the resumes, the PSC will contact individuals selected by the PSC to prepare and submit an application.
After the expiration of an agreed-upon period of time or the receipt of a certain number of applications, the PSC will begin interviewing men selected from the group who were asked to submit applications.
Before the PSC would recommend a final candidate to the Elder Board, the PSC hopes to have two or more PSC members visit the applicant and his home church.
To assist you in your decision whether God is calling you to submit a resume to the PSC, we provide the following information about the Twain Harte Bible Church (hereafter “THBC”).
Overview of THBC and Its History
THBC is a local body of believers who are members of the Evangelical Free Church of America. THBC has been spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ in Twain Harte, CA for over fifty-five years. Twain Harte is a small, rural mountain community located about two hours west of Yosemite National Park in Central California.
THBC purchased the facilities and the 19-acre parcel upon which the facilities sit from a local school district in 2016. Because of the faithfulness of God to our local body, the site is nearly paid off.
Since COVID-19 and the resignation of our long-term Senior Pastor in December 2020, we have been averaging between 100 and 125 people on a Sunday morning. There are a number of our members who are continuing to watch the sermons online each week. The THBC Elder Board believes that many of our members will return as COVID-19 rates drop and a new Senior Pastor is hired.
THBC has a wonderful mixture of younger families and wise, senior-aged believers. A large portion of the members of THBC have been members for ten or more years. A large portion of the church body lives in Twain Harte. Most members report that they began attending THBC as the result of being invited by a current member.
Because of the faithfulness of God and our church body, our tithing continues to exceed our expenses. Further, because of God’s faithfulness, THBC is blessed to have a healthy reserve.
Qualifications for the Senior Pastor
The qualifications for a Pastor as set forth in Section 22.214.171.124 of the THBC Bylaws are:
- A man called of God, preferably ordained or licensed by the Evangelical Free Church of America (“EFCA”).
- A man who meets the requirements outlined in Article 6 and adheres to the Covenant set forth in Article 4 of the THBC Constitution.
- Note: Article 6 of the THBC Constitution provides:
“The officers of this church should consist of the Pastor(s), Elders, Deacons. These officers should be members in good standing with established Christian character, be sound in both faith and doctrine and be in agreement with the Statement of Faith as set forth in Article 3.”
- Note: Because of the length of Article 4 of the THBC Constitution, an interested applicant should review the THBC Constitution and Bylaws."
- Note: Article 6 of the THBC Constitution provides:
- A man who meets the Biblical qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
The PSC desires to receive applications from men who demonstrate the following:
- A high regard for Christ and His Word
- A desire to teach God’s Word with integrity
- A desire to equip our local body to make “Christ known” in the Twain Harte area and beyond
- A humble leader who leads by example
Responsibilities of the Senior Pastor
The Senior Pastor is to shepherd and oversee the church along with the Elders, devoting themselves to prayer and the ministry of the Word (1 Peter 5:1-3; Acts 6:4; and Acts 18:28).
Further, the Senior Pastor is to:
- Devote his time to the preaching and teaching the Word of God, instructing the Church in the doctrines of Christian faith
- Oversee the worship services
- Regularly visit members of the church body
- Oversee all church meetings
- Oversee regular classes for new members
- Oversee various ministries as a member of each church committee
- See that the membership records are maintained
- Report regularly to the Elders, and at quarterly business meetings of the church
- Submit a written summary for the Annual Report
While no specific educational background is required by the THBC Constitution or Bylaws for the Senior Pastor position, the PSC desires to receive applications from men who have:
- Graduated from a four-year bible college or its equivalent with a degree in ministry or theology.
- Have obtained, are currently pursuing, or are willing to pursue a Master’s Degree in Biblical Studies or a higher post-graduate education in theology.
Prior Ministerial Experience
While the THBC Constitution and Bylaws do not specify any level of prior ministerial experience for the position of Senior Pastor, the PSC desires to receive applications from men who have an established history of preaching and teaching the Word of God and instructing a body of believers in the doctrines of the Christian Faith.
The THBC Finance Committee has established an annual salary range of $68,000 to $80,000 depending on the experience and education of the applicant called to the assignment. In addition to the annual salary, the applicant called will receive a monthly health and welfare benefits package, annual vacation time, and a sabbatical leave after a specified number of years of service. Further, THBC will provide a stipend to offset moving expenses for the selected candidate.
To learn more about the Twain Harte Bible Church, please visit our website at Twainhartebiblechurch.org.
If you have any questions regarding the Senior Pastor position or you wish to submit a resume, please email your question(s) or your resume to the PSC at THBC.PSC@gmail.com.
The THBC Pastoral Search Committee
About this Church
The Twain Harte Bible Church is a local body of believers who are members of the Evangelical Free Church of America. Twain Harte Bible Church has been spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ in Twain Harte, CA for over fifty-five years. Twain Harte is a small, rural mountain community located about two hours north of Yosemite National Park in Central California.