Parkview Church is ready and excited to call an authentic, relational and experienced Lead Pastor to love, lead and inspire them to experience a richer community, more meaningful discipleship and greater impact as they pursue a refreshed vision for the future. Parkview is experiencing a new season of ministry alignment and momentum following the difficult departure of their previous Lead Pastor.
As a multi-site congregation of about 1,000 attendees on three campuses, Parkview is beginning to dream about the future again. Following a season that included multiple leadership transitions, the addition of another multi-site location and a global pandemic, Parkview is on the verge of a new day. With the recent adoption of a refreshed vision, Parkview is ready to move forward. The desire to champion discipleship and disciplemaking is resonating with the staff and congregation, injecting newfound energy around the potential and possibilities. The call of a new Lead Pastor who aligns with this vision and direction will position Parkview to once again build momentum and make a tangible difference in the lives of people in Iowa City and beyond.
- The ideal candidate for Parkview is an experienced, confident, yet humble leader who resonates with the vision to form whole disciples and will understand the process of doing so. Modeling leadership that is dependent on the Holy Spirit and committed to a biblical lens, this pastor will know how to speak truth in love, cast a compelling vision, equip and deploy people for greater participation, and build off the momentum that is beginning to develop.
- The ideal candidate will have high emotional intelligence, exceptional communication skills, a desire to equip and empower others while working with the team to catalyze engagement in the life and mission of the church.
- The right candidate will see potential and understand how to maximize a church with a storied legacy and strategic location. This pastor will collaboratively work with other leaders to set goals and objectives as well as prioritize and optimize church ministries.
- As a leader of leaders who can lovingly motivate and challenge others to step up or step in, the selected candidate will also model healthy rhythms of rest and Sabbath.
- He will successfully mobilize people of all ages to contribute their best to Parkview’s mission.
- A Master’s degree is highly preferred, a Master of Divinity is desired, a Doctorate a plus
- Candidates must be theologically aligned with the Parkview Church statement of faith and willing to be licensed by the EFCA
- Evidence of emotional and spiritual maturity including self-awareness of strengths and limitations
- At least seven years of successful Lead Pastor or Campus Pastor experience in a growing church of more than 500 attendees and direct oversight of multiple paid staff
- Excellent, experienced expository preacher (with regular pulpit presence of at least 20 times per year)
- Spiritually mature and emotionally intelligent
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a multi-site setting is a plus.
About this Church
Parkview Church is one church in three locations located in Iowa City, Iowa, a community of about 75,000 residents. With an attendance of about 1,000 people across all three locations, Parkview offers Sunday morning worship gatherings at 9 a.m. at Central Campus and 10:30 a.m. at the East and North Campuses. Services are relationally warm and welcoming, with a focus on biblical teaching and a contemporary style of worship. Parkview is a family-friendly place that values intentional multi-generational, multi-ethnic ministry, desiring to lead people of all ages into deeper levels of faith and discipleship. Home to the University of Iowa, Iowa City is the quintessential college town, consistently earning national accolades for its quality of life, including one of Livability.com’s Best Cities for Entrepreneurs and Top 100 Best Places to Live. Those who call Iowa City home love the cultural amenities, local businesses and family-friendliness of the area.