Fox Valley Church in West Dundee, IL is looking for a Student and Families Pastor to continue the good work that has been happening, as a strong foundation of ministry has been laid in the student and family areas of the church.
Fox Valley desires a pastor who is experienced in leading and loving students with an energizing, relational and engaging personality. Modeling a leadership that is dependent on the Holy Spirit and committed to Biblical teaching, this pastor will:
• Live out an authentic witness that is centered on a relationship with Christ
• Cast a compelling vision
• Draw people into greater participation
• Build off existing momentum
• Be an exceptional communicator and speaker
• Collaboratively work with the children’s ministry
• Prioritize objectives to optimize the student ministry
• Recognize potential in others, encourage them to use their gifts and place them into their “sweet spot” of ministry
• Have a heart for those out in the community
• Be a champion for students churchwide
This dynamic leader will possess the ability to equip and empower volunteers, the student leadership team, communicate and partner with parents and generate an enthusiasm to draw students “on the fringe” to explore the ministry.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Theological/biblical/ministry training required
• 3-5 years of student ministry experience minimum
• Experience in a multi-staff setting, with a preference for a “team” dynamic in the workplace
• Spiritually mature and emotionally stable/intelligent
• Embraces ministry and discipleship as a lifestyle, not just a job
• If married, supportive and engaged spouse
About this Church
Fox Valley Church (500 attendance) is located in West Dundee, IL, about 35 miles northwest of Chicago, IL.
Sunday morning worship gathers at 9:00 and 10:30 a.m. Services are relationally warm, casual and welcoming, with a focus on biblical teaching and a contemporary style of worship. With quarterly worship nights, children’s ministry programs, life groups and student ministry events, the church building is often abuzz with activity and people. The church uses an elder-led form of governance.