The purpose of this position is to build a Christ-centered community of people fully devoted to loving God and loving others by aiding in the implementation of the ministry vision and providing leadership and direction for Children’s Ministries so that children might develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and grow in spiritual maturity.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree is required
- 5 years of ministry experience is required
- Has a vibrant love for Jesus
- Loves children and families
- Team builder
- Visionary - a likable face of ministry
- Properly fits the Calvary team culture
- Ability to attract people
- Ability to be part of the leadership pipeline system
- Born again with clear evidence of a Godly lifestyle
- Agreement with Calvary Bible Church Constitution
The Kids Ministry Director Will:
Oversight and Direction of Children’s Ministry
- Lead and oversee children’s ministry nursery through 5th grade.
- Lead and coach the children’s ministry staff team.
- Maintain the Children/Youth Protection Policy of the Calvary Bible.
- Ensure that the Children’s Ministries’ vision and mission are in-line with the church’s vision and mission.
- Assess and develop existing classes and initiate new classes as the number of students in particular age groups may necessitate.
- Evaluate facilities used for all educational ministries and make recommendations for potential changes with the Erie Executive Pastor.
- Ensure the safety and security of children via the computer check-in system.
- Maintain communication and promotion for Children’s Ministries.
- Execute the current Children’s Ministries calendar.
- Keep the church informed of the mission and vision of the Children’s Ministries through church publications and approved communications tools.
- Provide leadership to Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Recruit, develop and train new and existing leaders and teachers.
- Ensure that all teachers and leaders meet the spiritual and character requirements for ministry leadership.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained and all teachers and leaders are in compliance with Calvary’s Child/Youth Protection Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Director of Children’s Ministries in Erie has the authority to carry out and develop these ministry responsibilities in harmony with the constitution of the church.
Standards of Performance
After a three (3) month period, the Erie Executive Pastor may make an evaluation. Thereafter, evaluations may occur annually to enhance development and effectiveness.
The standards of faithfulness, excellence, effectiveness, maturity of attitudes, along with the fruit of the Holy Spirit are expected.
The Director of Children’s Ministries in Erie is directly accountable to the Erie Executive Pastor.
How to apply
If interested, please click the link. Once you click the link, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Become A Candidate." The process will start from there.