Our mission at Ambassador Church is to make and equip disciples of all nationalities to be Christ’s ambassadors to all the nations by loving God, one another, and the world. The Student Ministries Pastor is one of the pastoral staff at Ambassador Church who will shepherd junior high and high school students and parents to make disciples who make disciples. The emphasis will be on shepherding, discipling and building healthy ministry teams.
- Build healthy teams of youth leaders on two campuses. Train them to teach, lead small groups and shepherd their students.
- Disciple students through Sunday morning services and Friday night gatherings, and in-person meetings, while equipping parents to be the primary disciplers of their students.
- Cultivate an environment that is engaging and alive, while developing a culture that is spiritually enriching as students come to Christ and develop ownership of their faith.
- On top of weekly ministries, plan and execute winter/summer camps or retreats, plus outreaches, mission trips, and other growth events for the students.
- Develop relationships with staff at South Intermediate School and Katella High School to create outreaches that bridge the students to the church.
- Remain informed of current trends in youth education programs and youth culture.
- Administrate the student ministry including regular communication, calendar planning, 2-4 year curriculum planning, etc.
- Support the shepherding needs of the church by general pastoral duties including preaching, counseling, weddings, baptisms, etc.
Accountability - The Student Ministries Pastor is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor. This accountability is maintained through personal contact and through weekly meetings.
Church Relationships - The Student Ministries Pastor is a member of the Ambassador Church community. Church attendance is required and expected to create healthy life-giving relationships with members. All pastors are to be in an Ambassador Church small group for spiritual growth. If married, the spouse and children are expected to attend Ambassador Church as a family.
Staff Relationships - The Student Ministries Pastor shall work together with the Senior Pastor, Office Manager, Campus Pastors and other staff in harmony and unity. The Student Ministries Pastor will be part of Central Services and will office out of Anaheim, but work with the Brea Campus Pastor to ensure vibrant ministry at each campus.
Character - The Student Ministries Pastor should possess qualities of personal integrity, doctrinal responsibility, independent motivation and commitment to the mission of God in this world. His lifestyle should model the mandates set forth in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
Knowledge/Skills - A master’s level seminary degree and five years of ministry experience are strongly preferred. Ambassador Church has a dual affiliation with Evangelical Free Church of America and North American Baptist, requiring agreement to their respective doctrinal statements. While licensing and ordination are not required, it is expected to start the process within one year of employment.
Passion - The Student Ministries Pastor must be passionate about teaching the Word of God while shepherding and discipling students and parents. This position is a lifestyle. There will be little or no time for outside employment. We expect that the person in this position will devote whatever time is required to ensure their own personal spiritual flourishing and the thriving of Ambassador Church's Youth Ministry.
This job is full-time with a monthly healthcare stipend, starting with two weeks of vacation, and up to 12 sick days. The yearly salary will be around $60,000.
About this Church
Ambassador Church's mission is to develop a church that will strategically be evangelistic in reaching all ethnic groups in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. We want to be a church that fulfills the Great Commission and models heaven–a heaven without distinctions of race, culture, or language; a church that will represent all the nations.
Our desire is to fulfill the Great Commission by being a church that is multi-ethnic so in turn we can be Christ’s ambassadors to all the nations.
Our DNA: Multiethnic, Missional, Multiplying.
The Mission: To make and equip disciples of all nationalities to be Christ’s Ambassadors to all the nations by loving God, one another, and the world
The Vision: To become a transformissional church by growing people in depth through spiritual transformation and in breadth through missional living to all people