Qualifications & Skills:
- Unmistakable love for God, His Word and His Church.
- Proficiency with G-Suite applications, Microsoft Office and the use of general office machines.
- Proficiency with Intuit QuickBooks accounting software
- Minimum of 3 years accounting or bookkeeping experience, preferably in a church or other non-profit environment
- Proficiency in double-entry accounting (credits/debits) preferred
- Process payroll for the staff.
-- Maintain vacation and sick records.
-- Prepare annual W-2s and 1099s.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly.
-- Reconcile cash and balance sheet accounts (credit cards, deferrals, debt) regularly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budget financial reports for the Staff Elder of Administration.
- Prepare monthly reports of financial position, results of operations and accompanying notes for the Elder Board and Stewardship Committee within 10 days of month-end closing.
- Work closely with Staff Elder of Administration and the church treasurer to create and analyze financial reports and ensure compliance with financial best practices.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budget.
- Prepare and submit all applicable tax payments on behalf of the church and preschool.
- Promote compliance with church doctrine, federal and state regulation, accounting pronouncements and other financial authority.
- Safeguard the integrity of all financial records, tangible and electronic.
- Be an active part of the life and culture of the church, including attending worship services and participating in a community group.
- Mature, Christ-like character.
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, confidentiality and patience in personal relationships and in the management of information.
- An amicable relationship with other team members and pastoral staff.
- A teachable and courteous disposition while working with others.
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude and allegiance.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner (able to perform under deadlines and pressure).
- Possess a broad knowledge of church policies and procedures.
- Commitment to the doctrine, philosophy and direction of CCC.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner. Able to perform under deadlines and pressure.
- Prolonged periods sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to stoop and crouch to access office supplies.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
About this Church
Christ Community Church is an EFCA church located in Laguna Hills, CA. We are a multi-generational church and we have a passion for the glory of God and the good of His people. For more information about our church, visit www.ccclh.org.