Part-time opportunity (full-time planned) to start a new ministry leading outreach, discipleship, and leadership development for our Spanish speaking population.
The Pastor of Spanish Ministries will lead outreach, discipleship, and leadership development for our Spanish speaking population at Grace Community Church.
This is a new position and a new ministry that this pastor will be starting in our church. The position is part-time right now, but the plan is to make it a full-time position. We see this pastor initially focusing on outreach, small groups, leadership development, and assisting with bilingual worship services. Because this is a part-time position now, the pastor might need to be bi-vocational.
- Spiritually Mature: A vibrant, mature, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as demonstrated by a life that consistently reflects His character and priorities. A humble and teachable spirit, pursuing holiness. Feeds himself spiritually in order that he might feed others spiritually. (Gal 5:16-24; 1 Tim 3:1-7; 1 Pet 5:1-5; Heb 5:14)
- Biblically Sound: Ability to handle God’s Word, with a deepening grasp of its truths. Able to communicate those truths clearly and compellingly with students, parents, and volunteers and apply it to their unique needs and challenges. In full agreement with EFCA Statement of Faith and willing to pursue EFCA credentials. (1 Tim 4:11-16; 2 Tim 2:15; Deut 6:4-9)
- Passionately Committed: A genuine love for the body of Christ. A passion for unbelievers to come to know Christ. Driven to serve the Lord – joyfully, energetically, and faithfully. (2 Tim 1:5-7; Eph 4:11-12; Matt 28:19-20)
- Relationally Inclined: Ability to connect easily and relate well to people of all ages in the congregation and the community. Emotionally healthy and sensitive to the needs of others. Friendly, compassionate, tactful, helpful, a team player. (Eph 4:15-16; Jas 1:19; Prov 20:5)
- A Gifted Leader: Able to inspire, give clear direction, mobilize a team, organize resources, and execute a plan. Skilled speaker, effective motivator of people, influencing others by word and example to follow Jesus Christ. (2 Tim 2:2; Matt 20:25-28: Eph 4:11-12)
- Culturally Competent: Given that we are a multicultural community and church, experience making disciples from a variety of ethnic groups is preferred. Gifted in connecting with and building connections between students/families from diverse cultures (Latino, African, Asian, and Caucasian). Understand and respect cultural differences to effectively communicate the gospel and make disciples across cultures. He must be bilingual. (1 Cor 9:19-23; Eph 3:6)
- Education/Experience: Prior ministry experience. Able to demonstrate a strong background in biblical knowledge, disciple-making, and leadership development among Latinos. Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional ministry experience. All training and experience will be considered.
- Team Player: Support the vision and values of Grace. Be interwoven in the life of the body of Christ at Grace. Work closely with the Senior Pastor toward common goals. Be accountable to the Senior Pastor and Elders. Participate in the leadership of the church through staff and board meetings.
- Teach the Word: Oversee and practice a teaching approach that emphasizes the authority of God’s Word and develops a Biblical worldview with application of Scripture to daily life. Preach regularly at Spanish services when they start, oversee translation at English services, and preach a couple times at English services.
- Discipleship: Coordinate weekly classes and small groups in Spanish to facilitate growth in understanding and application of God’s Word.
- Outreach: Provide opportunities for people to engage the Latino community in order to bring unbelievers to Christ and to the church locally and globally
- Shepherding: Assist with the spiritual care and counsel of the Grace flock, giving special emphasis to our Spanish speaking population within the congregation.
- Leadership Development: Seek and identify potential Latino leaders who have a heart for Christ, providing resources and training for spiritual growth and ministry.
- Worship: Plan and oversee regular worship services with Spanish music and preaching.
- Team Leadership: Recruit and train a team of disciple-makers for the Spanish ministries who will assist with planning and leadership of these ministries through small groups, classroom settings and one-on-one.
- Community Partnerships: Partner with E-Free Latino Network and Worthington area Latino churches or ministries in reaching our community for Christ. Attend NCD Latino Network meetings and Latino Family Camp.
- Administration: Plan ahead and follow through. Communicate with congregation, elders, volunteers, and staff effectively and in a timely manner. Coordinate with the church calendar and provide fiscal oversight of the Spanish ministry budgets. Do all that is necessary to work faithfully and safely with those in our care.
How to Apply
Please send the following to Scottbarber@graceonline.net:
- Cover letter
- Philosophy of Ministry