We are looking for a full-time Worship Pastor to help execute the mission of the church and to lead the church in all aspects of musical worship.
The Worship Pastor shall lead and oversee the worship ministry of the church, share in the responsibility of watching over the spiritual welfare of the congregation and assist the Lead Pastor in leading the public services of the church. This person will be responsible to recruit, develop, shepherd and administrate the volunteer worship leaders within the church. The Worship Pastor will report to the Lead Pastor.
- Possess the character described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-3
- Affirm the Faith Church and EFCA Statement of Faith
- Willing to serve and participate as part of a ministry team
- Strong outreach and recruiting skills to start a ministry from the ground up
- Skilled in leading and managing volunteers
- Possess strong communication and administration skills
- Committed devotional and prayer life
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience in a related field is preferred but not required
- Be skilled in faithful interpretation and application of the Scriptures
- Possess a biblical understanding of worship
- Be a skilled musician able to lead with a group or alone
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills
- Be proficient in management and administrative functions
- Be proficient in the use of modern communications technology (Pro Presenter, Planning Center, Proclaim, etc.)
- Leading Worship: To prepare and lead the worship in the Sunday morning services. This would include recruitment and rehearsal with the worship team prior to the service; the selection of songs, readings and prayer for the service; and any other facets that would be a part of the service.
- Leadership: To lead those involved with the worship ministry as well as the congregation. This would include recruitment and development; training and equipping where needed; development of other leaders; and giving oversight to the congregation as a whole with respect to worship.
- Administration: To communicate with the worship team and the congregation in a timely manner. This would include scheduling of rehearsal with enough time for people to plan accordingly; advance planning for Sunday morning services and other events; to maintain and improve upon the audio and visual equipment; and to manage the budgeted lines that the position is responsible for.
- Pastoral Care: To shepherd the people of the worship team as well as the congregation. This would include care to people through counsel; prayer; visitation; and any exhortation or encouragement that is necessary.
- Demonstrates a stable, mature, Spirit-led walk with Jesus.
- Willing to become a member of Faith Church and work under the direction of the Elders and Lead Pastor.
A typical workweek is Sunday–Thursday, but the schedule is very flexible, particularly when there is requirements or responsibilities that take up weekends or evenings. Faith Church is committed to honoring and protecting the pastor's time with family, and for self. However, there are key times and hours that he will be expected to be available in the office. There is an expectation that he will attend regularly scheduled meetings and events with other pastoral staff.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Expected range for starting salary will likely fall in the $51,000-$55,000 range. The actual amount will be determined by the Elder Board, and will be based on education and experience.
- You will receive an additional $300 per month for retirement fund contribution.
- Church ministry budget lines to help with ministry-related expenses.
- Health benefits are not included.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and 2 personal days per year.
- 6-week Sabbatical every 5 years.
- Sick days are accumulated at one sick day for every two months (max accrual 30 days).
- A private furnished office will be provided in the church building.
How To Apply
If you would like more information about the role or would like to submit a resume, please contact Val Prigge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this Church
Faith Church is a multi-generational church in Rio Rancho, NM a suburb of Albuquerque.