Build a Christ-centered community of people fully devoted to loving God and loving others by providing oversight and leadership to the development of deeper spiritual community life; moving guests and members from attendees to participants in the ministry.
- Born again with clear evidence of a godly lifestyle.
- Agreement with Calvary Bible Church Constitution.
- 5-7 years church ministry experience preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Promote and coordinate the Life Groups of Calvary
- Implement the disciplemaking pathway, helping people move from Starting Point to Base Camp to Life Groups to Membership and ultimately to help people find a place to connect, serve and share their faith.
- Oversee the Base Camp and Life Groups, by recruiting, caring and developing leaders through the Leadership Pipeline process.
- Create a rhythm of ministry by promoting and launching Base Camp and Life Groups in conjunction with the entire organization.
- Develop systems to help the staff team in Thornton know where all the adults are connected in groups and serving.
- Serve as part of a team that creates a discipleship pathway to help Calvary attendees strengthen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
First Impressions and Connection Team:
Oversee, train, develop and recruit people to lead hospitality ministries, including Connection, Café, parking lot, etc. Move people from the parking lot to Starting Point.
- Responsible for the guest’s first impression by building, training and overseeing the Connection Team, Welcome Center, Calvary Café and Ushers (as needed).
- Follow up all responses from the Sunday morning Communication Cards and parents of new Child Check Ins.
- Collaborate with Calvary’s other campus staff to compose a comprehensive system of community and integrate newcomers that can be adopted at all campuses.
- Oversee men’s and women’s ministry using volunteers effectively while coordinating these programs with the other campuses.
- Perform pastoral duties as needed to support the Campus Pastor, including preaching, leading funerals and weddings, according to giftedness.
Other duties as assigned.
The Pastor of Adult Ministries - Thornton Campus is directly accountable to the Campus Pastor – Thornton
Standards of Performance
- After a three (3) month period, the Campus Pastor – Thornton may make an evaluation.
- Evaluations may occur annually to enhance development and effectiveness.
Competitive salary range depending on experience.
Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO, Conference/Continuing Education allowances, 403b, and more.
About this Church
Our mission is to build Christ-centered communities of people fully devoted to loving God and loving others.