About the Worship Pastor:
The goal of the Worship Pastor is to lead the worship and tech ministries of Hillside by partnering with the Lead Pastor in vision and strategy implementation so that we can best accomplish our mission through the worship services on Sunday morning, for in-person worship and live stream. Hillside is looking for a team player who earnestly desires to see this world and the Silicon Valley (Bay Area Community) changed one soul at a time with the message of Jesus Christ. To that end, the successful candidate will embrace our “Be One… Bring One… Build One… Culture" of evangelism and discipleship while modeling authentic Christian conduct and witness both inside and outside Hillside Church. The ideal candidate will be a committed Christ-follower who leads the worship teams and leads the worship service by example. It goes without saying that Hillside Church desires for every person in attendance and on live streams to have an opportunity to respond to the message of Jesus Christ. The worship pastor “sets the table” for creating an environment conducive to this response. To that end, the Worship Pastor is both musically skilled and theologically grounded, and highly relational.
The Worship Pastor Responsibilities Include:
Creative Planning & Programming
- Lead and design musical/creative content for weekend worship.
- Coordinate weekend and special event programming.
- Be an advocate for the use of content that is both contemporary but theologically grounded in God’s Word.
- Work closely to support the message, the preaching and Hillside’s philosophy of ministry.
- Create and lead weekend and special event worship music as the primary worship leader.
- Lead and develop the worship team(s) and their spiritual growth as well as their technical musical abilities.
- Lead and direct our band, instrumentally and vocally doing what you do for the glory of God, the good of others and for mutual growth.
Technical and Media Oversight
- Provide oversight of all technical aspects of audio and video production for the worship services and live streaming.
- Oversee the execution of and provide creative direction of video content (slide decks, special testimony videos or holiday videos).
Other Expectations/Working Relationships
- Be a member in good standing.
- Must attend services, participate or lead in a small group, as well as support Hillside financially (i.e. tithe).
- Embrace, support and “cheerlead” the vision, values and strategies of the church.
- Participate in pastoral care as needed (funerals, weddings, hospital visitation, biblical counseling).
- Be responsible and accountable to the Lead Pastor as well as the elders.
- Primary (essential for this position): Leadership, Creative Communication.
- Secondary (beneficial for this position): Administration, Shepherding.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 4+ years of pastoral experience are required.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a ministry is required.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1: 5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4):
- Character — Must be above reproach.
- Competency — Able to develop, lead, implement and maintain systems that help people connect with our church and grow spiritually.
- Chemistry — Able to fit in and work within a team environment and have healthy relationships and seamless fit into both the church and work ethic.
- You must be able to live, guide, direct and relate to people.
- Possess a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Consummate team player and collaborator.
- A humble servant leader.
- You must be both flexible and resilient.
What it's Like to Live in San Jose, California:
Nicknamed the capital of Silicon Valley, San Jose is a diverse area with an innovative spirit. While it has a distinct downtown, San Jose is a sprawling metro area that is as much defined by its suburban neighborhoods and large tech campuses as it is by the high-rises in its business district.
With its proximity to the Pacific Ocean, the San Francisco Bay, the Santa Cruz Mountains, Monterey Bay, and the Napa Valley, and with only a few hours drive to Lake Tahoe, San Jose provides access to all the outdoor activities and natural beauty anyone could desire.
About this Church
Meet Hillside Church:
Hillside Church began more than 60 years ago with a vision to reach and serve its community through strong Bible teaching and evangelism. The church has had only 4 pastors in its history with Lead Pastor Keith Crosby arriving 5 years ago. Under the leadership of the elders and bold biblical preaching, the church has grown in size, depth and impact.
With a compelling vision and mission, great facilities, a healthy staff, strong elder leadership, and an increasingly diverse congregation that reflects the surrounding community, Hillside Church is poised for continued growth in the coming years.