About the Worship and Media Pastor:
- The Worship and Media Pastor, understanding the reporting relationships listed below, will work in cooperation with the Lead Pastor on a weekly basis to craft worship services that are centered on the Word of God and are designed to lead the people of God into His presence.
- The Worship and Media Pastor must be an equipper (Ephesians 4:11-16) who is committed to connecting people with God and helping them to take their next spiritual steps.
- The Worship and Media Pastor is a leader who can communicate vision in a way that inspires those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision.
- The Worship and Media Pastor must oversee all aspects of worship, including technology, as well as those related to the social media platforms utilized by the church.
- This position is pastoral and requires that the individual shepherd those who serve in his ministry area as well as the larger church family.
Essential Reporting Relationships
- Lead Pastor | Work under direct supervision of the Lead Pastor.
- Pastoral Staff | Be accountable to the TEFC Pastoral Staff and serve as a resource for the Worship/Tech ministry.
- Elder Board | Be accountable to the Elder Board for the Worship/Tech ministry of TEFC.
The Worship and Media Pastor Will Achieve the Following:
- Serve as a shepherd to the worship musicians, ministry team members and the TEFC church family.
- In consultations with the Lead Pastor, plan the corporate worship services of TEFC with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, cultural sensitivity, creativity and musical appropriateness.
- Incorporate TEFC’s doctrinal distinctives, mission, vision, and values into the worship, tech and social media ministries.
- Oversee weekend programming to include music, creative elements, sound, lighting, video and staging.
- Infuse worship into the other ministries of TEFC as well as offer leadership, support and insight into worship efforts throughout the week, including those related to weddings and funerals.
- Recruit and equip the worship team to lead in weekly worship.
- Recruit and equip a tech team to support weekly worship as well as the social media platforms.
- Develop a leadership team that meets regularly to assess and pray for the Worship/Tech ministry of TEFC.
- Manage and schedule weekend worship and support teams.
- Select theologically rich songs that cover a variety of Biblical themes and musical styles, from both church history and contemporary worship music.
- Stay current with worship music and styles, ministry trends and related technology.
- Develop and manage a Worship/Tech ministry budget.
- Diligently pursue credentialing through the EFCA.
- Meet regularly with volunteers for the purpose of developing them as leaders and attend all church staff meetings.
- Develop and encourage ongoing training.
- Identify and mentor students and incorporate them into worship services and technical support.
- Network with other colleagues in surrounding churches and from the Midwest District of the EFCA.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Have a proven track record of excellence as a worship leader.
- Have a proven track record of equipping those who serve in the ministry as well as building effective teams.
- Have experience in leading and developing worship musicians.
- Have experience in the implementation and best practices of social media platforms.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Possess skills in administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Possess a strong grasp of music theory and have the ability to apply it in a worship setting.
- Possess knowledge in the use of technology in worship including the use of sound, lighting, computers, presentation software and video projection.
- Have the ability to incorporate other art forms into worship services as appropriate.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Possess a servant’s heart (Mark 10:45).
- Is organized but not controlling.
- Has strong character and a shepherd’s heart.
- Is a developer of people and talents.
- Be in full agreement and alignment with the doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
What it's Like to Live in Holdrege, Nebraska:
Holdrege, Nebraska is a little town in the Midwest that has a population of about 5,500. Though it is small, the amenities it offers would make many larger cities jealous. Holdrege provides a great balance between these “big city” amenities and the tight-knit community that can only be found in a small place. Some would say it is the best of both worlds.
A few of these desired assets include a state-of-the-art YMCA, a high-end medical facility, and a terrific school system with the test scores to back it up. Holdrege also boasts of their beautiful facility, The Tassel, which is one of the best performing arts centers in Phelps County. Living in Holdrege also gives residents quick access to its neighboring city of Kearney, and it is within 2-3 driving hours of Omaha and the state capital, Lincoln. All of these cities have many resources and fun activities if you are looking for more outside of the small community.
On the flip side, some benefits of the small community include neighbors who know each other personally and become close friends that support you in times of difficulty and celebrate with you in times of joy. Holdrege is known to be a family community. The people who live here are proud of their home and invest their time and resources into it. The crime rate is low, and the economy is stable and diversified. With several lakes, large trees and wide streets, Holdrege has a beautiful atmosphere that encourages time spent outdoors.
This little place is great for settling down and raising a family. With all of the community support, Holdrege would make an excellent next home.
About this Church
Trinity Church is a place where people can meet Jesus, believers can engage in a life-giving community and everyone is welcome. We believe in creating a space where people can have authentic encounters with Christ, discover their gifts and use them for Him.
At Trinity, we believe in the Porch Life. Our walk with Christ isn't something that can be accomplished on our own. We are created for community, and our Life Groups exist for that reason.
Weekly Attendance: 425