- Desire and demonstrated ability to nurture students in their Christian growth through teaching, encouragement and discipline when necessary
- Ability to receive teaching and correction with a Christ-like attitude and demonstrate this Christ-like attitude toward others
- Relates well to people of all ages
- Is a dependable team player
- Effective organizer
- Is born again as described by Jesus in John 3:5-7
- Has a vital relationship with God demonstrated by a lifestyle of prayer, Bible study and personal integrity
- Meets criteria of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Senses God's call to be involved in ministry
- B.A. or equivalent ministry training
- Recent training in student ministry issues
- This position is under the supervision of and reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Primary areas of ministry responsibility shall be High School and Middle School Students (70-75%), more limited involvement with Children’s Ministries (20-25%) and other responsibilities (5-10%).
- Shall be supportive of the EFCA Statement of Faith and Living Hope’s philosophy of ministry, mission statement, staff and leadership.
- Encourage and equip students to live their lives as God intends.
- Provide consistent and relevant Bible instruction and application.
- Be involved in the planning, coordinating and implementation of ministries for students at various levels of spiritual interest and maturity.
- Promote and coordinate special events such as camps, conferences, mission and service trips.
- Maintain healthy, caring, discipling relationships and encourage volunteers to do the same.
- Establish rapport with students by attending regular church programs and through informal contact, such as school events, community activities, etc.
- Communicate vision of ministry and specific plans with parents. Endeavor to understand parents' concerns and integrate parents into the program when possible.
- Be a resource to help parents engage effectively with their children.
- Recruit, train and supervise student ministry sponsors and volunteers.
- Give vision and leadership to the Board of Christian Education in the area of children’s ministry.
- Develop and submit an annual budget for the student ministry program.
- Participate in overall ministry to congregation as directed by Senior Pastor.
- Maintain positive working relationships with church staff and leadership.
For Personal Growth:
- Attend conferences and seminars for personal/professional growth and mentorship.
- Maintain an active involvement in EFCA ministerial, training and fellowship opportunities.
- Has or will pursue a ministry credential with the EFCA.
About this Church
Living Hope is a community of people from a wide variety of backgrounds who share a common purpose and hope through faith in Jesus Christ.
Our vision for Living Hope is to be a place where people who are seeking to know God and grow closer to him can discover the next step in living out a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.