The Big Picture
Calvary Bible Church (EFCA) is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor to preach the Word of God and shepherd the church.
In 2013, Pastor James Seal began serving at Calvary and recently retired at the end of August 2021. During his tenure, our church has employed several part-time worship leaders. Our current worship leader, began part-time in 2018 and has been employed full-time as of January 2021. With this change, her title has changed to Director of Worship and College Ministries. Starting in the fall of 2020, a Wednesday evening children’s program began called Fire Up! Due to the pandemic in 2020, our church began livestreaming our services for those not comfortable attending in person. Recently our in-person attendance is nearing pre-pandemic levels. Numerous college students, and young families have been ministered to and many have moved into ministry in other locations. As such, we have truly become a church that sends out believers to multiply and minister to the church at large.
- Provide a pulpit ministry that incorporates the expounding of Scriptures in all doctrine, presentation of a clear message of salvation and exhorting the church congregation to act upon scriptural teaching in their lives (2 Timothy 2:2).
- Spend adequate structured time in prayer and personal Bible study in order that he may experience spiritual growth and educational development in his personal life and ministry. The Elders will help him guard this time.
- Pastor/Elders will be responsible for administering the ordinances of baptism and communion at the regularly scheduled and special services.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals.
- Pastor will be available for personal counseling of the members and friends of the church.
- Instruct, train and encourage laymen to participate in evangelism and church visitation, and shall place emphasis on the visitation of the sick and aged.
- Pastor will help to instruct classes for all ages as time allows, under the direction of the Christian Education Team.
- Pastor will perform his duties as set forth in the by-laws and this job description. He will be an ex-officio member of all boards and committees with voting rights as time allows and when needed.
- Pastor will encourage musical aspects of church programs to be an integral part of the church ministry.
- Pastor/Elders shall be responsible for holding an instruction class for prospective members covering with them the statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church as set forth in the by-laws, the organization of the church and any other areas related to the Christian life and the church.
- Pastor is encouraged to attend conferences, and is free to accept leadership roles in the EFCA, the Midwest district and other evangelical organizations, providing such activities do not hinder his ministry to this congregation.
- Pastor will report to the congregation at business meetings, concerning visitation and results, counseling, and a general account of his pastoral ministry.
- Pastor is encouraged to be available at the church office during established office hours when possible.
- He is encouraged to take at least one day per week off preferably the same day each week when possible.
- Pastor/Elders will oversee staff and provide direction for church programs.
- Pastor will lead the congregation in the setting of church ministry goals at reasonable intervals and to see that those goals are published clearly. Programs of action shall be arranged to accomplish those goals. He will also lead the congregation in evaluating the church’s goals.
- Pastor will represent the church’s beliefs and mission to the community and is encouraged to be involved in community organizations and/or activities.
The pastor, as God’s appointed shepherd to the Calvary Bible Evangelical Free Church, has as his first responsibility a personal relationship to God as outlined in Romans 12:1-2. As a man of God, his second responsibility is to his family. As a shepherd to the church, he shall devote his entire employment to the work of the church, administration of the ordinances and preaching the Word. He shall, with great patience, be ready to reprove, rebuke and exhort in order to maintain spiritual unity and rightly divide the Word of Truth (1 Timothy 3:1-7; 2 Timothy 2:15; Titus 1:7- 9). He shall be in agreement with the stated objectives of the church and shall uphold its constitution.
Our total compensation package range is $65,000 to $75,000.
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume, please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the pastor for Calvary Bible Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Calvary Bible Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Calvary Bible Church and the Evangelical Free Church of America.
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to Jason@LancasterSearch.com
About this Church
Calvary Bible Church (EFCA) is reaching our community for Christ by word and by deed.