Anchor Point Church is looking for an outgoing, relational and organized Director of Student Ministries to join our Lakeside campus team. This person will lead the middle school and high school programs and connect with parents and volunteers at the Lakeside campus. A person skilled in recruiting and developing volunteer leaders and connecting with students will thrive in this role. If you love students and want to develop them into lifelong followers of Jesus, you may be the perfect candidate.
- Delivers high energy, Christ-centered and engaging weekly youth experiences for middle school and high school students at the Lakeside campus.
- Actively recruits and develops volunteers with the goal of connecting and building relationships with students, parents and adult leaders.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners and collaborates with Student and Adult Leaders to execute Wednesday Night Youth Group
- Teaches the middle school and high school students at Wednesday with excellence and care
- Equips students to effectively study scripture and provide them with an accurate biblical understanding of the Bible
- Provide weekly messages and group questions that apply to what teens are going through in their lives
- Encourages and challenges students in their individual spiritual formation
- Encourages, challenges and models a vibrant, authentic personal relationship with Jesus
- Creates and implements a biblical discipleship vision for all grades
- Promotes and values groups by empowering and equipping small group leaders
- Provide questions and shares resources for weekly for small group times
- Serves as a community connection between schools
- Facilitates volunteer leader meetings, trainings and one-on-ones with key leaders
- Contact your leaders personally as needed to ensure they are cared for and encouraged
- Pray for students and parents on a regular basis
- Reports to the Lakeside Campus Pastor
- Leads approximately three student trips per year (i.e. camp, district blitz)
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Experience in leading and coordinating ministry initiatives
- Strong ability to multitask, be organized and handle a high volume of details
- Skills in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Evangelistic / outward-facing mindset
- High energy and a passion to operate in a team environment
- Ability to understand and relate to students and their families
- A humble heart - to match the heart of Christ and the many volunteers who serve at Anchor Point Church
- Self-motivated, quick learner and goal-oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Associate's degree, ministry degree, seminary training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience building, leading, equipping and motivating volunteer leaders and teams of people
- 3+ years of active and relevant student ministry leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal
- Passionately live out a vital daily relationship with Jesus Christ
- Avoid the appearance of evil, let no hint of immorality exist and conduct life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Full agreement with the EFCA Doctrinal Statement, including the current statement on marriage and gender.
- A man or woman of character good (Titus 2:7-8).
TIME AND RATE: Approximately 25 hours a week / $16-$21 dollars per hour based off experience/ Paid bi-weekly
Submit a resume, cover letter to email@example.com
About this Church
Anchor Point (Lakeside Campus) is a warm and inviting church nestled in the Lakeside Neighborhood of Duluth, Minnesota. Anchor Point has been on mission to glorify God by proclaiming the gospel and making disciples for the last 17 years.