The Bridge Church is seeking the right person to join its staff to provide leadership, direction and shepherding to our worship and student ministries.
Reports to: Lead and Executive Pastors
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Salary & Benefits: Negotiable based on experience and education
As a member of the pastoral ministries team, the Pastor of Worship & Youth is responsible for the following ministry areas:
- Be a godly follower of Christ who sets an example to youth and adults living a life of integrity according to biblical standards.
- Implement The Bridge Church Mission and Values.
- Be accountable to and report to Lead and Executive Pastors.
- Attend all pastoral and staff meetings.
- Take monthly Personal Day Retreat for prayer, refreshment and reflection on key results areas.
- Actively participate in the life of the church and its people.
- Fulfill any other duties as assigned.
- In cooperation with the Lead Pastor, plan and lead all corporate worship events.
- Oversee all creative elements for worship services.
- Oversee and manage all technical aspects of the worship services: audio, visual, live stream, Planning Center, etc.
- Recruit, train, schedule and serve the worship team of volunteers.
- Build intentional relationships with youth and their parents.
- Recruit, train and support a team of volunteers to develop a program that will promote spiritual growth, ongoing discipleship and spiritual maturity in young people.
- Engage our multicultural community.
- Develop a team approach to ministry to further the mission and values of The Bridge Church.
- Possess the character described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- A calling to ministry and a commitment to the authority of Scripture.
- A vibrant faith, knowledge of the Bible and strong public skills.
- Passionate about shepherding, equipping and developing musicians, youth and their families.
- An ability to organize and lead in a variety of ministries.
- Agrees with The Bridge Church Statement of Faith.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree required, Master’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Must have experience in multicultural ministry.
- Minimum of two to five years of ministry experience is preferred.
The Bridge is a growing church in the Conejo Valley, a desirable location to live and raise a family.
Newbury Park is a suburb of the City of Thousand Oaks, Ventura County, California. About 28,000 residents of Thousand Oaks reside in Newbury Park, a city lying within the Conejo Valley in the northwestern part of the Greater Los Angeles area. The most common industries in Thousand Oaks are professional, scientific and technical.
Mark Brown, Lead Pastor
Mark has served as Lead Pastor of The Bridge since 2019. Mark, along with his wife Jill, values relational ministry, biblical teaching and healthy leadership culture. Mark has a wide range of ministry experience and holds a Doctor of Ministry degree from Talbot School of Theology.
- Submit a cover letter, resume with relevant experience and education, references, and any personality profiles you have completed (DISC, Myers Briggs, StrengthsFinder, etc.)
- Answer these three questions:
1) Why are you interested in this position?
2) How familiar are you with the vision, values and culture of The Bridge Church?
3) What are the strengths of the current ministry you lead?
- Briefly share your spiritual journey.
- Send application in digital form to Pastor Alex Rivero at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process will begin on August 15th, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
About this Church
The Bridge Church is located in Southern California. The Bridge Church is a congregation of about 300 regular attenders with two Sunday services (10:00 AM - English & 11:45 AM - Spanish). We are a congregation that functions under an integrated multicultural model serving all people.
Our Mission is “Connecting People to Jesus,” promoting seven values: Biblical Authority, Prayerful Dependence, Joyful Celebration, United Diversity, Cheerful Generosity, Spiritual Growth and Strategic Mission. The Bridge is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America.