Mountain View Community Church Worship Residency Program
To provide worship support to the various campuses and ministries of MVCC, while investing in and developing the next genera:on of worship leaders. By the end of the program, residents will leave with the confidence and skill sets needed to seek a church staff worship leader position (potentially at MVCC or at another church).
Residents will receive practical training in worship leading and leadership, theological training through MVU and one-on-one discipleship from MVCC staff members or worship team volunteers. They will serve regularly leading worship or assisting in leading worship for the campuses and ministries of MVCC, including the student ministry.
Residents will spend time rotating through leading/singing/playing on the worship team at both MVCC campuses, as well as The Ridge (Middle School) and The Peak (High School) and other MVCC events. Residents will also learn tech skills and may be scheduled to serve on the tech team at either campus as necessary.
- Worship Leading/ Leadership Training with Worship Leader
- Begin planning weekend service using Planning Center and collaborating with the preaching pastor for song selection. Learn to select appropriate band members according to songs selected, and their availability
- Evening: Participate in Mountain View U (Theology course 1st semester, other course 2nd semester)
- Attend and ultimately lead the Weekend Service Team meeting (for assigned campus for that week)
Weekend Service Tech Prep (Lighting, Propresenter, Sound Console Setup, Stage Setup) and training in these areas
- Weekend Services and Rehearsals
- Student Ministry Services (The Ridge Wednesday evenings, The Peak Sunday evenings)
- Leading worship for other MVCC events One-on-one Discipleship
- Total work time commitment of approximately 15 hrs/wk under the direction of the Worship Leader (while also working closely with campus or ministry pastor for weekly services) Program would last 1 year, with option for second year
- Participants would be paid hourly not to exceed 15 hours/week. This does not include MVU and discipleship time
Who is this for?
- Anyone with a talent, skill and desire to be a worship leader, who would like more training, investment and on-the-job experience
- Ideally, candidates between 18-25 years old, who have some degree of previous experience leading worship for youth or college ministries, smaller churches, etc
- This program does not eliminate volunteer worship leaders completely, but is MVCC’s primary avenue of developing worship leaders
- Exhibits a personal lifestyle and confession that demonstrates that Jesus is Lord of his or her life
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively within the organizational structure
- Excellent communication skills in writing and design
- Able to work collaboratively with Campus Staff, as well as Urbana CM staff and MVCC leaders to develop and communicate ministry goals and programs
- Demonstrate computer knowledge in relevant applications and possess good organizational skills
- Is a self-starter and able to work independently while completing tasks on time
About this Church
Mountain View Community Church exists to make fully devoted followers of Jesus who call on God’s power to boldly and lovingly reach our neighbors, the next generation and the nations for Christ. Our facility sits on 20 acres in Southern Frederick County, located just outside of Urbana and less than an hour North of Washington, DC.
In 2021, we also planted a campus in Ballenger Creek community. This campus is part of our vision, which is to reach Frederick 4 Christ! The campus has made its home at Ballenger Creek Elementary School.
Between both campuses, we are a church that currently averages over 1,000 in regular worship attendance each week (nursery through adults).