Position Type: Salaried appointment, Full time.
Provides vision and leadership for middle school and senior high youth ministries consistent with the ministry of the church as a whole.
- Bringing youth in our congregation to personal faith in Jesus Christ and preparing them for the future by grounding them in Scripture
- Challenging youth in our church who are already Christians to grow in their walk with the Lord and their understanding of Scripture
- Equipping youth to respond Biblically to current cultural issues
- Encouraging strong, positive relationships between youth and their parents and organizing activities in which the entire family can participate
- Training the youth to reach out to their friends and local communities with the good news of Jesus Christ
- Partner with the Youth Ministry Area Head on:
- Recruiting and training adult youth leaders, equipping them to invest in God’s work in the church in our community and around the world
- Preparing and managing the budget for youth ministries
Serves the congregation in harmony with and submitted to the authority of the elder board (primarily) and the church board (secondarily).
- Has a calling to youth ministry
- He shall meet the description of deacon in I Tim. 3.
- His life should display the “Fruit of the Spirit”
- Has a strong testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- He shall display a working Biblical knowledge and demonstrate an ability to defend the Scriptures
- Has a passion and ability to teach young people from the Scriptures
- Has a desire and strategy to minister to the youth on a long-term basis
- He shall have the ability to effectively counsel people from the Scripture
- He shall have previous experience working with youth in a discipleship capacity
- He shall exhibit effective communication skills
- He shall firmly agree with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of the Palouse
How to apply:
Inquiries or applications may be made to Youth Pastor Search Committee, at Evangelical Free Church of the Palouse, 4812 Airport Rd., Pullman, WA 99163 or email responses to: email@example.com
Applications shall include:
- A resume including professional and personal references
- A personal testimony of your relationship to Christ
- A cover letter addressing why you are seeking this position, your ministry vision, and a response to our statement of faith.
About this Church
“Raising worshipful, caring, disciplemaking servants of the Lord Jesus Christ as we reach our community and the world.”
At Evangelical Free Church of the Palouse, we are a body of believers, a family united by the ties of love and Jesus Christ’s sacrifice. Our congregation has a rich and fruitful history, a diverse and broad demographic and a deep desire for more of Jesus. We meet together to encourage one another in love and in obedience to the commands of our Lord.
We are located in the Pacific Northwest and serve the communities of Pullman, Washington and Moscow, Idaho.