Purpose: The mission of Evangelical Free Church Diamond Bar is “To know Jesus and make Him known.” The role of the Director of Children’s Ministry is to provide direction and oversee all phases of ministry to children, from nursery through 5th grade.
- Oversee all Children's Ministry programs, including Nursery, Early Childhood Ministry, Sunday School, Wednesday Evening Programs, Vacation Bible School and Special Children's Performances.
- Recruit, train and supervise any Children's Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Implement biblical curriculum.
- Provide spiritual counsel to children, parents and guardians as needed.
- Adopt and implement current health and safety protocols.
- Develop and oversee the annual budget and expenditures for the Children's Ministry.
- Promote Children's Ministry through attractive and engaging announcements, website, mailers, banners, social media and other forms of communication.
- Provide a loving environment for special needs children and their families.
- Provide opportunities to communicate and connect with parents.
- Maintain classrooms, playground, storage areas, equipment and supplies.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Work directly under the supervision of the Lead Pastor.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Passionate about Children’s Ministry
- Highly organized
- Ability to oversee and train volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years experience in Children’s Ministry
Compensation: Full-time salary (plus benefits) commensurate with experience