Lead and direct the ministry to youth in grades six-12, and prepare and lead worship services.
The pastor of student and worship discipleship will help people of all ages grow as disciplemaking disciples of Jesus. The pastor’s primary disciplemaking focus (approx. 2/3) will be the student ministries of the church. The pastor will also engage in other disciplemaking ministries according to his gifts and the needs of the church body, with particular focus (approx. 1/3) on worship-related ministries.
- Spiritual character: The pastor must be a teachable, prayerful man of irreproachable character (1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9) who is sound in faith and doctrine and who is qualified to teach the Word of God.
- Theological agreement: The pastor must be in full agreement with the Statement of Faith and philosophy of ministry of the church, and must be willing to perform his duties in accordance with the church’s constitution and bylaws.
- Education: The pastor shall have earned at least a bachelor’s degree from a Bible college or have equivalent ministry experience.
- Professional credential: The pastor will be licensed or ordained with the Evangelical Free Church of America, or willing to pursue the licensure/ordination process prescribed by the EFCA.
- The pastor of student and worship discipleship will lead and direct the church’s ministry to youth in grades six through 12 for the purpose of helping students grow as authentic disciples of Jesus Christ. He will be available to assist and advise other staff and lay leaders in carrying out the church’s discipleship ministries to elementary-age children when appropriate.
- The pastor of student and worship discipleship will work with other church leaders to prepare and lead worship services and to cast a vision for biblical, Christ-centered, God-glorifying worship. While musical and worship gifts are obviously a plus in this area, we are hoping to find a pastor who is passionate about developing and equipping other worship leaders, teams and ministries within the congregation.
- The pastor will be available to assist with growth groups, counseling, visitation, weddings, funerals, preaching, and general pastoral care as needed and time allows. We see room here for the position to grow and to be shaped by the gifts, skills and interests of whomever the Lord calls.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via postal service to: "Atlantic EFC, attn: Search Team, 1 East 22nd St, Atlantic, IA 50022"