The Worship Arts Director's Responsibilities Include:
- To have an authentic, genuine and maturing relationship with Jesus – both publicly and privately.
- To have an authentic and passionate love for seeing others have an authentic, genuine and maturing relationship with Jesus through the local church.
- To personally adhere and encourage a high standard of spiritual commitment and musical and creative arts excellence in participants.
- Seek to develop a robust understanding of “worship as a lifestyle” as opposed to a musical genre.
- Manage creative team staff (including but not limited to technical staff/volunteers, video content creators, interns and sound staff/volunteers).
- Manage First Free’s technical director and online streaming platforms to ensure that FFC’s online presence is inviting and engaging.
- Responsible for the programming and artistic content of all services, series, and events (including scripture readings, stage design, physical atmosphere and other creative elements) inside and outside of the auditorium.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other staff pastors (predominantly the Lead Pastor) to execute the Sunday gathering and worship experience.
- Coordinate with staff such as Communications Director, Graphics Designer, and/or Teaching Pastors to execute First Free’s vision and mission as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Design & regularly update the stage design & building common areas to visually communicate the First Free’s culture & provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- Work alongside Communications Director to integrate all graphics and backgrounds on the video screens, video selection and video creation).
- Act as the point person in collaboration with Worship staff and Lead Pastor for all events such as Easter, Christmas, baptisms and other special church-wide celebrations.
- To develop a variety of elements within the Sunday corporate gathering that speak to the needs
and engagement of each age level group and their ministries.
- To oversee rehearsals for teams (vocalists, band, instrumentalists and creative artists).
- To maintain an awareness and understanding of Christian music trends and creative arts, selecting music conducive to communicating the gospel in the context of our culture and time.
- To secure proper copyright clearance for the music, videos and other materials used in the worship service.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of ministry experience
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Ministry affiliation preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willing to develop worship leaders and technology team members
- Exceptional delegation and team-building skills
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative abilities
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- An encouraging and positive leader
- Musically gifted worship leader who pastors well
- Able to build relationships within the congregation
- Spiritually healthy and mature individual who is willing to learn and adapt