Wellspring Family Church (WFC) is seeking a full-time Youth Pastor to join an exciting church environment. Wellspring has a strong desire to minister to the next generation and has seen rapid growth in our Youth Ministry over the past two years. Our Youth Ministry includes students in grades 6-12 and has weekly attendance of 45 students.
Staff Position and Accountability
The Youth Pastor is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Pastor.
Major Job Responsibility (50 hours per week).
- Demonstrate a passion for Jesus and Christ-like life.
- Demonstrate a heart for students to help them belong and flourish in Christ.
- Lead, recruit, develop, equip and encourage team members to serve in Youth Ministry.
- Build Christ-centered and gospel relationships with teens and families.
- Work with staff and volunteers to set ministry goals and outcomes, think and work systematically to see overall church growth.
- Be a visible leader, help to execute the vision of the church and lead the Youth Ministry well.
Happen Every Week
- Teach effectively and creatively from Scripture during Youth Ministry programming.
- Encourage and develop others to utilize their teaching gifts as well.
- Model relational ministry.
- Collaboratively lead creative programming for Youth Ministry programs.
- Communicate with youth leaders and parents regularly.
- Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor to evaluate ministry programs and strategy execution.
- Lead Youth Ministry events for outreach, discipleship, leadership development, retreats, camps, etc.
- Lead and develop the student leadership group to empower teens to serve well in ministry.
- Involve students in the ministry to build engagement and develop student leaders.
- Continue to grow professionally and spiritually by participating in outside opportunities to include conferences, seminars, books and networking.
- Partner with the Children’s Pastor, Worship Pastor and Pastoral Team to create a comprehensive plan to minister to children, students and families.
- Assist the Associate Pastor in parent training and communication.
- Lead one or more retreats each year.
- Lead a missions or service opportunity for students.
Personal Character: Should have a genuine love for Christ and other people that is evident through an authentic, transparent and Christ-centered lifestyle.
Must be committed to growing in the spiritual disciplines and sharing their faith with others.
Doctrine: The Youth Pastor must agree with the Evangelical Free Church’s Statement of Faith.
Vision and Values: The Youth Pastor must be in support of WFC’s mission, vision and values.
Education: Four-year college degree or greater.
Experience: Two years’ experience leading a student ministry of 30+ students preferred.
In addition, proven experience in the following areas:
- Speaking to and teaching large groups of both Junior and Senior High students.
- Demonstrated ability to equip students and adults for ministry.
- Organizing, planning and administrating student events such as camps and retreats.
About this Church
Wellspring is a growing three-year-old church of 250 and is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America.