A. Provide Leadership to and Development of the Youth and Young Adult Ministry (40%)
Youth Ministry (6th grade - 12th grade)
- Work with the Associate Pastor to develop, implement and evaluate a strategic plan for youth ministry that aligns with Hope’s corporate direction.
- Identify, equip, develop, support, evaluate and schedule leaders for the Youth Ministry.
- Provide oversight to youth core programs and events (such as Sunday morning classes and midweek groups, Bible studies, camps, serving projects and youth worship team).
- Foster a serving culture by creating opportunities for students to be involved in all areas of church ministry.
- Foster a leadership culture helping students to develop and foster their leadership skills.
Young Adult Ministry (18-25 years old)
- Work with the Associate Pastor to develop, implement and evaluate a strategic plan for young adults that aligns with Hope’s corporate direction.
- Identify, equip, develop, support, evaluate and schedule leaders for the young adult ministry.
- Provide oversight to Young Adult ministries and events (such as Sunday morning classes and midweek groups, Bible studies and serving projects).
- Pursue ways to connect with local colleges like Elizabethtown, Penn State Harrisburg and Lancaster Bible College.
B. Provide Teaching for Youth and Young Adult Ministry (30%)
- Work with the Associate Pastor to identify, equip, support, evaluate and schedule teachers for the Youth and Young Adult Ministry who regularly teach midweek and Sunday morning.
- Teach midweek youth - at least monthly.
- Teach Sunday morning youth - as needed.
- Teach Sunday morning young adults - at least monthly.
C. Provide Strategic Leadership to being Externally Focused for Youth and Young Adult Ministry (20%)
- Encourage youth and young adults to invite friends to participate in the activities of the ministry.
- Identify and lead local service projects (Quarterly).
- Identify and lead summer outreach events (e.g., sports camp, VBS).
- Provide leadership to short-term mission trips (e.g., Mexico/ Ghana or another ministry partner - yearly).
D. Administrate the Youth and Young Adult Ministry (5%)
- Communicate with leaders and parents providing ministry updates relating to strategy, weekly schedules and upcoming activities while encouraging ministry involvement.
- Ensure every volunteer has appropriate, current and approved and criminal background checks.
- Develop and manage the ministry budget, monitoring expenditures and ensuring that funds are allocated in accordance with priorities established in the strategic plan.
E. Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
About this Church
Hope is an Evangelical Free Church located in beautiful Lancaster County Pennsylvania.
The vision at Hope is to be Internally Strong and Externally Focused.
We become internally strong when we move closer to Jesus. Moving closer to Jesus happens by: Knowing Jesus and His word, being transformed into His likeness, doing what He made us to do and connecting with others in meaningful relationships.
We become externally focused when we are actively engaging others around us. Engaging others around Hope happens by: Joining in God’s mission, sharing the hope of the whole gospel, helping those in need and partnering with others.