Chinese Evangelical Free Church of Los Angeles is seeking a Lead Pastor to lead the English-speaking congregation. We are seeking a full-time minister with an M. Div. and minimum two years of pastoral experience in America to provide spiritual leadership through teaching and shepherding in partnership with the Senior Pastor, church board and lead pastors of the other language congregations to oversee the body of Christ.
Job Duties (includes the following, but not limited to):
- Accountable to the Church Board through the Senior Pastor.
- Shepherd CEFC with special responsibility for the English-speaking members through leading, equipping and pastoral care.
- Lead and develop English ministry pastors and the shepherding team to achieve the mission and vision of CEFC:
a. MISSION: We glorify God by spreading the gospel through words, deeds and relationships transformed by the gospel - from ourselves, to our families, our city and the ends of the earth.
b. VISION: We seek to display the love of Christ to people of all walks of life and connect them to Christ through:
− Strengthening prayer life
− Developing campus ministry
− Connecting with neighbors/community
− Making disciples through mentoring
− Outreaching globally and locally
- Oversee the English ministry to achieve healthy growth of the church body.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor, the Church Board and Lead Pastors for other languages on overall church direction and strategies.
a. Preaching and Teaching: Prepare topical and scripture-based sermons, preaching on Sundays 2-3 times a month. Lead others to read the Bible and grow in their spiritual journey.
b. Prayer and Praise: Lead the congregation in gospel-centered worship and prayer. Identify and train worship personnel, including the Friday night worship ministry.
- Equipping: Oversee the teaching ministry at CEFC so that discipleship is grounded in Scripture (Sunday School curriculum, Bible reading plan, train leaders via core and counselor meetings).
- Fellowship: Oversee all the fellowship groups in the English ministry and encourage them to focus on sanctification, community and mission. Pastor fellowship groups: community groups and life-stage groups.
- Outreach/Evangelism: Cultivate a culture of evangelism in which every member is equipped and motivated to share the gospel as a natural outflow of the Christian life.
- Caring: Care for members via visitations and counseling sessions.
● Spiritual: A mature believer with a vital walk with Christ.
● Education: Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.
● Experience: Three years of pastoral experience in America.
● Has an appreciation and deep understanding of the Asian-American and Chinese immigrant cultures.
For more information please contact Joyce@email@example.com
If interested, please completed the application form.
About this Church
We are a family church with multiple language services (Cantonese, English and Mandarin) with about 150 Sunday English service worshipers under the lordship of Jesus Christ, loving and respecting one another, serving joyfully together to make disciples of all nations.