Director of Children's Ministry
The Director of Children’s Ministry will give leadership to the Children’s Ministry of Faith Church helping equip children to be lifetime followers of Christ. He/she will lead and oversee programming that nurtures and grows children’s personal faith in Jesus. He/she will encourage and help resource parents to disciple their children.
- A deep and personal faith in Jesus Christ, demonstrating spiritual maturity, a healthy devotional life and a heart for and practice of reaching out to those who need Christ.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills necessary to lead Children’s Ministry.
- Ability to communicate and work well with the leaders and workers in Children’s Ministry.
- Ability to relate well to children, parents and people of all ages.
- Oversee Children’s Ministry in the areas of casting vision, recruiting, directing, equipping and resourcing workers and volunteers.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget, and oversee the responsible stewarding of those resources.
- Develop and meet regularly with the Children’s Ministry Team to carry out the leadership of the ministry.
- Attract, equip and mobilize workers for lay leadership and service in Children’s Ministry.
- Choose and Implement a comprehensive and systematic curriculum that addresses numerous learning styles and ages.
- Oversee programming and special events (Sunday classes, Wednesday events, summer ministries, outreach events, etc.).
- Resource parents to disciple their children, which will in turn help strengthen families in our community.
- Partner with other leaders of Faith Church to carry out our mission and vision for ministry.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor. (This may change.)
- Supervise Children’s Ministry staff (Nursery Coordinator and Children’s Ministry Assistant) in accomplishing the mission and goals.
- Work within the bounds of the philosophy and policies established by Faith Church leadership.
- Work with the Pastor of Student Ministries to create a smooth transition of children into Student Ministry.
- The Children’s Ministry Director is preferably a full-time position. Part-time (25-30 hours) may be considered.
- Salary for this position will reflect one’s education, experience and leadership/ministry ability. (Salary range: $35,000-55,000.)
About this Church
300 or so people attend on a Sunday. We have a good mix of ages with lots of kids/families. There's a good population of young adults. We also have an African church/ministry. We are pretty healthy in the areas of prayer, disciple-making and outreach with lots of needs in our community. There are three pastors on staff. We're currently looking for a Director of Children's Ministry.