Front Desk Receptionist
The EFCA national office is seeking a part-time (35 hours) Receptionist to receive phone calls and guests in a manner that serves them and the EFCA office staff well, to assist the Manager of Administration with employee related administrative functions and to be part of office security and medical emergency teams.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 35
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, 403b match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Schedule: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Welcome guests to the building and redirect callers to the appropriate employee or department.
- Ensure that visitors sign in and have appropriate guest pass/signage before entering the office area.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of ministry activities and staff roles in the building to assist with efficiently redirecting callers.
- Maintain the reception desk and surrounding area in a manner that is orderly and welcoming to guests.
- Monitor overnight voicemail each morning to forward messages to the appropriate ministry.
- Maintain and monitor the schedule for meeting rooms in the building.
- Act as liaison between meeting organizers and office services personnel.
- Coordinate with meeting planners regarding the logistics of having larger groups in the building (nametags, security, registration area, etc.).
- Flexibility to help with early openings as well as coordinating lunch deliveries for events held at the national office.
- Act as office supply coordinator: maintain contact with supply vendors, collect packing slips and distribute invoices.
- Track Sam’s Club corporate membership.
- Assist the Office of the President with their various individualized cards and letters.
- As time allows, assist other departments, such as Accounting, ReachGlobal, and HR, as needed.
- Be a member of first aid/CPR team and direct additional team meetings.
Skills and Education Requirements
- Alignment with and commitment to the mission and values of the EFCA.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years post-high school education and/or experience in administrative support functions or receptionist responsibilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while serving visitors and phone callers.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people in a friendly manner.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to spend more than 50% of work time using a keyboard and a computer.
- Manual dexterity adequate to operate the switchboard equipment.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, a resume and detailed cover letter are required.