- Lead two Sunday morning worship services – a blended service with both hymns and mostly present-day songs of worship.
- Assist in leading a midweek time of all church praise and prayer.
- Assist in leading all church prayer summits (Retreats, 2-3 days of seeking God in prayer).
- Prepare worship media and streaming for church services.
- Lead the worship team as both a director and pastor.
- Responsible for the recruiting, scheduling, developing and discipling of the worship team and future worship leaders.
- Provide direction and recruits for the tech/sound/streaming team.
- Provide direction and oversight of worship for children and youth.
- Oversees music equipment and prepares facilities for a worshipful atmosphere.
- Give leadership and direction to the Sunday Morning Connection Team (greeters, ushers, coffee/refreshments team members).
- Mentor a small group of men in their walk with the Lord.
- Commitment to faithfully pray on behalf of the church.
- Participate regularly in staff prayer and planning meetings.
- Meet regularly with the senior pastor for discipleship, prayer and ministry development.
- Once a year, participate/assist in leading a short-term mission trip.
- Work alongside staff in reaching the lost of our community for Christ.
- Takes on other pastoral responsibilities as Senior Pastor assigns.
Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor.
- A heart that desires above all things, the glory of God.
- A desire to lead others in praising God.
- Has a consistent prayer life. Believes that prayer surpasses the program.
- A character of genuine humility and godly confidence.
- Teachable and submits to authority.
- A mature and reproducing walk with Christ.
- Active in sharing Christ with the lost.
- In agreement with Community Bible Church Statement of Faith and ministry values.
- Skilled and proven experience in leading a worship music team.
- Ability to read and write music.
- Proficient with Planning Center Online, Pro Presenter and Ableton.
- Music degree preferable.
- Ability to organize and plan all aspects of corporate worship.
- Ability to pastor God’s people with proven skill and a heart of love.
- Ability to train and delegate responsibilities and tasks to volunteers.
- Meets the qualifications of an elder according to I Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Prefer a college graduate.
- Prefer at least one year of Biblical and theological training.
- A demonstrated giftedness to lead God’s people in seeking Him. At least one year of experience.
- Worships often in private. Has learned the discipline of worship.
Please submit the following:
- Send cover letter and resume/Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include references as well.
- Video clip of leading a worship service. (You may also include a link to website.)
- Video clip of individually singing and playing acoustic, (without digitizing).
- Also, please read the following article written years ago but still expresses our heart for a worship leader:
About this Church
Community Bible Church is an Evangelical Free Church located in Folsom, California, a Sacramento suburban community with many young families. We are searching for a gifted individual with a true heart to seek after God and to lead His people in glorifying Him.
The family at Community Bible Church is a unique mixture of both the young and the mature. Each group loves to seek the Lord in song and prayer. We have two worship services each Sunday morning – both are blended in style. There are about 200 worshippers each Sunday morning (excluding Sunday schools). The first service tends to have more in attendance. We also have weekly Prayer and Worship Nights where we join together to seek the face of God on behalf of the Church, our nation and the world.
Our church family has a sincere heart for seeking the Lord in worship and prayer. Our pastor is part of the 6:4 Fellowship, (pastors who are committed to devoting themselves to prayer and ministry of the Word), encouraging our people to life-to-life discipleship, reaching the lost one by one and sharing Christ to the nations.