- Oversee the general music programs of the church in consultation with the senior pastor.
- Lead all aspects of planning and performance of the worship service.
- Develop and schedule teams of instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Organize and lead practices.
- Provide technical support in sound, media and lighting and website when needed.
- Manage musical instruments and their maintenance.
- Manage computers, sound and video equipment used in worship.
- Manage volunteer schedules for computer, sound and video.
- Will assume pastoral and discipleship care of the worship and A/V teams.
- Be willing to receive leadership development from pastoral staff.
- Be willing to assist pastoral staff with various administrative duties.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must exhibit a vibrant personal walk with Jesus Christ through personal devotion and active service in Christ’s Kingdom and the local church.
- Must fulfill the qualifications for the deacon listed in Scripture (1 Tim. 3:8-13), although not a deacon.
- Must be willing to lead both traditional hymns and contemporary music.
- Must be willing to work closely with senior pastor on song section, recognizing that the senior pastor is the ultimate leader of the corporate worship service.
- Must have tremendous personal character and impeccable integrity.
- Must actively participate in either community groups or Christian education, and serve on Sunday mornings.
- Must be a faithful member in good standing in his current local church and must become a member of Eastside Community Church upon being hired as Director of Music.
- His wife must become a member of Eastside Community Church and regularly attend our corporate worship services unless providentially hindered.
- Must exhibit a growing relationship of loving leadership with his wife and children, including a willingness to schedule quality time with his family.
- Must be in agreement with Eastside Community Church’s Doctrinal Statement, by-laws, mission, philosophy of ministry, vision and core values.
- Must exhibit a desire to maintain unity within the leadership team concerning the essentials.
- Must exhibit a teachable heart and the ability to receive instruction and admonition in both his Christian walk and job performance.
- Must be a highly energetic self-starter who takes initiative but is simultaneously submissive to senior pastor’s leadership.
About this Church
The Director of Music will be responsible for overseeing, developing and growing the music ministry of Eastside Community Church. He will also serve to assist the pastoral staff in general duties as needed. We are looking for a qualified male candidate who can serve in an evangelical, reformed, complementarian, credobaptistic, congregational church. We are a church in good standing in the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).