At MEFC, part of our Christ-centered growth strategy includes expanding and further establishing our youth, young adult and young family ministries in order to reach and develop a greater number of individuals for God’s Kingdom. Accomplishing this goal requires a passion for intentional short and long-term outreach as well as relationship building, spiritual development, and equipping of these groups both inside and outside the walls of the church. The Next Gen Pastor role leads and actively participates in this ministry to ensure a purposeful focus on reaching these particular groups. The individual filling this role must be strongly relational, outgoing, and positive, seeking to expand relationships with families and the community both inside outside the church. This role is accountable to the Senior Pastor and Elder Board of MEFC.
- Spiritual: The Candidate must be a growing follower of Jesus Christ with a strong sense of calling to ministry. He must meet the qualifications of church leadership spelled out in 1 Timothy, Titus 1, and 1 Peter.
- Educational: It is preferred that the Candidate have a post-graduate theological degree: MA, MDiv., or ThM.
- Theological: The Candidate adheres to the EFCA Statement of Faith.
- Relational: The Candidate has an outgoing, energetic, and relatable personality, works well with others and has a team approach to ministry.
- Experience: It is preferred that the Candidate have previous full-time Christian ministry experience.
- Spiritual Gifts: Looking for the gifts of evangelism, pastor/teacher, and administration.
- Culture: Culturally comfortable living and working in the suburbs of New York City.
The Next Gen Pastor will be responsible for:
- Leading, facilitating, overseeing and/or supporting the implementation of the specific programs tied to the strategy. In particular, hands-on involvement with Youth and Young Adults programs and activities.
- Being intentional in creating discipling relationships with families, young adults and youth in order to deepen and expand the community of Christ followers. Seeking to build personal, close and caring relationships with Senior and Junior High Youth.
- Developing the specific strategies and actions necessary to achieve the objectives of supporting, expanding and further establishing our youth, young adult and young family ministries.
- Collaborating with MEFC leadership (e.g., pastors, Elders) and relevant committees (e.g., Children’s, Youth) to align, refine and execute the strategies and actions for the support and growth of the above ministries. This includes a comprehensive, well-balanced plan for biblical teaching, instruction, and programming appropriate to the age levels as well as fellowship, worship, discipleship, evangelism, ministry and missionary opportunities.
- Participating in the recruitment, supervision, management and training of volunteer staff to serve in the various ministries under this role.
- Regularly connecting with children’s and youth ministry leaders (e.g., Children’s Church, Sunday School, Nursery) to oversee and support their teaching objectives, staffing, and outreach to families.
- Understanding and ensuring implementation of all policies and procedures related to children and youth, including the MEFC Child Protection Policy.
- Assisting in the development and oversight of the annual budgets for children’s and youth ministries.
- Participating in staff meetings and Elder board meetings and attending Commission meetings as necessary.
- Sharing in general pastoral responsibilities, including preaching, teaching, visitation, counseling, discipling, etc. with a focus on youth, young adults and young families.
- Communicating with parents/guardians on a regular basis to provide updates, develop relationships, build an understanding of Christian parenting roles, helping parents establish and build the foundation for a Christ-centered life for themselves and their children, and to encourage a growing Christ-centered spirituality. Assist families spiritually during times of crisis.
- Participating as part of the MEFC administrative leadership team to ensure the smooth and effective running of the church and its programs.
- Ongoing personal, career and spiritual development through knowledge building, experience, feedback and training.
How to Apply
Send an email expressing interest to Pastor Sam Goertz at Montvale Church. His email address is: email@example.com