To provide pastoral leadership over the worship, tech, and social media ministries of Trinity Evangelical Free Church (TEFC) in accordance with her doctrine, mission and vision.
- The Worship/Tech Pastor, understanding the reporting relationships listed below, will work in cooperation with the Lead Pastor on a weekly basis to craft worship services that are centered on the word of God and are designed to lead the people of God into His presence.
- The Worship/Tech Pastor must be an equipper (Ephesians 4:11-16) who is committed to connecting people with God and to helping them to take their next spiritual steps.
- The Worship/Tech Pastor is a leader who can communicate vision in a way that inspires those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision.
- The Worship/Tech Pastor must oversee all aspects of worship, including technology, as well as those related to the social media platforms utilized by the church.
- This position is pastoral and requires that the individual shepherd those who serve in his ministry area as well as the larger church family
- This a full-time salaried position
Essential Reporting Relationships
- Lead Pastor – Work under direct supervision of the Lead Pastor
- Pastoral Staff - Be accountable to the TEFC Pastoral Staff and serve as a resource for worship / tech ministry
- Elder Board – Be accountable to the Elder Board for the Worship / tech ministry of TEFC
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and be growing into His likeness
- Possess a strong sense of personal integrity and incarnate the requirements for serving as an elder (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 2:5-9)
- Maintain a strong commitment to the doctrine, vision, mission and values of TEFC
- Have a heart to worship God and the desire to invite and encourage others to worship Him
- Demonstrate a passion for the spiritual formation of those who serve in the worship / tech ministry and of the larger TEFC family
- Possess a proven track record of excellence as a worship leader
- Have experience in leading and developing worship musicians
- Possess skills in administration and interpersonal relationships
- Possess a strong grasp of music theory and have the ability to apply it in a worship setting
- Possess knowledge in the use of technology in worship including the use of sound, lighting, computers, presentation software and video projection
- Have the ability to incorporate other art forms into worship services as appropriate
- Have experience in the implementation and best practices of social media platforms
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Possess a servant’s heart (Mark 10:45)
- Have a proven a track record of equipping those who serve in the ministry as well as building effective teams
- Be in full agreement and alignment with the doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Free Church of America
- Serve as a shepherd to the worship musicians, ministry team members and the TEFC church family
- In consultations with the Lead Pastor, plan the corporate worship services of TEFC with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, cultural sensitivity, creativity, and musical appropriateness
- Incorporate TEFC’s doctrine, mission, vision, and values into the worship, tech and social media ministries
- Oversee weekend programming to include music, creative elements, sound, lighting, video and staging
- Infuse worship into the other ministries of TEFC as well as offering leadership, support and insight into worship efforts throughout the week, including those related to weddings and funerals
- Recruit and equip the worship team to lead in weekly worship
- Recruit and equip a tech team to support weekly worship as well as the social media platforms
- Develop a leadership team that meets regularly to assess and pray for the worship / tech ministry of TEFC
- Manage and schedule weekend worship and support teams
- Select theologically rich songs that cover a variety of biblical themes and musical styles, from both church history and contemporary worship music
- Stay current with worship music and styles, ministry trends and related technology
- Develop and manage a worship / tech ministry budget
- Diligently pursue credentialing through the EFCA
- Meet regularly with volunteers for the purpose of developing them as leaders and attend all church staff meetings
- Develop and encourage ongoing training
- Identify and mentor students and incorporate them into worship services and technical support
- Network with other colleagues in surrounding churches and from the Midwest District of the EFCA
About this Church
Located in Holdrege Nebraska, Trinity Church is a place where people can meet Jesus, believers can engage in life-giving community and everyone is welcome. We believe in creating a space where people can have authentic encounters with Christ, discover their gifts and use them for Him.