We are seeking a Children's Ministry Director devoted to oversee, manage and advance the vision and mission of Hope Church amongst the young ones of our church and our city. We are seeking a Children's Director who has a heart for both teaching kids and reaching kids. Simply put, we are asking this person to help us reach lost kids, care for broken kids and develop followers of Jesus out of all of our kids! The harvest has great potential in this area, and God has given us favor amongst the kids of our community. We believe now is the time to hire someone who can be fully devoted to serve our kids, and to reach the kids in our area. This would be the first full-time Children's Ministry Director we have had in the life of our church since we launched over five years ago. This position will provide direct oversight to the children’s ministry, while leading creatively and effectively over our 0-11 age group.
The primary focus of this position is ages 3 years – 11 years (Hope Kids).
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The CMD will be asked to recruit, train, equip, communicate and support the Hope Kids serve team to facilitate highly engaging, creative and spiritually rich weekly worship environments as well as other supplementary outreaches and kid focused events throughout the year. It will be their responsibility to establish children’s teaching and reaching opportunities in conjunction with the overall mission and vision of the church as set by the Lead Pastor.
This position will also provide general oversight to the 0-3 years Nursery Team by supporting the Nursery Leader and providing help and assistance as they lead the ministry to our little ones.
The Children’s Ministry Director will report to the Lead Pastor or his designee for direction and performance reviews.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with their direct report and Lead Pastor to ensure the vision of the Lead Pastor is implemented in all aspects of next generation ministry.
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services, events and outreaches.
- Recruit, develop and train high quality leaders for Serve team roles.
- Formulate children’s ministry facility standards for existing and new worship spaces.
- Oversee the budget for all Children’s Ministry, including the purchasing, projecting and requesting of special funds.
- Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, kids and special needs ministry leaders and Serve Team members.
- Help develop and maintain all security standards surrounding our worship facilities and children’s gathering spaces.
About this Church
As a church, our vision is to REACH those who are disconnected from God, CARE for those who are hurting and DEVELOP committed followers of Christ.
We hope that through the ministry of Hope Church, more people will give church a chance. It's our desire to see people transformed by the life giving grace and mercy of God. It is our heart to be another one of the many churches in Albert Lea that are teaching the life changing hope of Jesus Christ.