Based on the understanding of the church’s needs, characteristics and opportunities for ministry and witness, the following profile will be used to discover candidates for a lead pastor who:
- Has a four-year Bible degree from an accredited evangelical college or university. It is preferred, but not required, to have or be willing to complete at least an M.Div or similar master’s degree from an accredited seminary and be a life-long learner. A candidate should seek to be licensed and eventually ordained by the EFCA according to an agreed-upon time frame. Ordination from outside the EFCA will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the elders.
- Shall have godly character which includes a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a clear sense of calling to lead others in the teachings of Jesus, a gifting from God for teaching and preaching the Word of God, and be accountable to the elder board along with having a willingness to work with/through the leadership of this church.
- Must have an agreement with and support of the EFCA Statement of Faith to teach and apply God’s truths without being swayed by culture, a shepherd’s heart and a love for all people. Must support the ministry and witness of the EFCA and the Central District of the EFCA.
- Shall have an ability to delegate as they disciple others, and be willing to work with a collaborative spirit in a multi-staff/volunteer setting.
- Will collaborate with the elders to encourage equipping the church body in the spiritual growth of the congregation reaching the lost in the local community for missions/ministry in and beyond the local community.
- Will display a passion for our Spanish-speaking ministry in Eagle Grove.
About this Church
Grace Evangelical Free Church is a fellowship of believers located in Eagle Grove, Iowa. Our church began as a Bible Study in the early 1980’s. Since that time we have grown and acquired property, constructing a building and then added on to the building.
We have an attendance of 100 or more each week which includes families from four or five surrounding communities. We have a paid staff that includes a youth/discipleship pastor, half-time Spanish speaking pastor, a secretary and janitor. We also have volunteers that fill many roles in our church.
Our church’s mission is to glorify God through loving, serving and making disciples. We strive to reach our communities for Christ.
We do this through:
- Sunday morning services
- Sunday evening Spanish-speaking services
- Wednesday youth programs for elementary, middle and high school students
- Women’s Bible studies
- Small group bible studies
- Weekly Spanish-speaking Bible Study.
Our church is led by a group of five elders who meet weekly to carry out the spiritual leadership of the church. Additionally, we have a group of five deacons that carry out the physical and business aspects of the church and meet monthly.
Eagle Grove, population of 3600, is located in North Central Iowa. Our town has a primarily agricultural-based economy. Eagle Grove has a growing Spanish-speaking population.