The Outreach and Teaching Pastor will advance the mission and vision of Spring Lake Church by developing and equipping church members to engage northeastern Wisconsin with the gospel, working closely with outreach partners and missionaries to foster fruitful relationships, and being an active member of the pastoral teaching team. The role also has the potential of becoming a campus pastor at Spring Lake Church.
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Ministries
Type of Position: Full Time, Exempt
• Be actively involved in the pastoral leadership team.
• Advocate for outreach when appropriate and necessary.
• Care for and love other staff members.
• Continuously grow in love, knowledge and application of the Bible.
• Creatively communicate God’s Word in compelling, relevant and truthful ways in a variety of environments.
• Preach during weekend services up to 24 times per year.
• Develop and implement Spring Lake’s outreach vision and strategy.
• Work alongside the outreach assistant to lead and execute all aspects of the outreach ministry, including team leadership, volunteer care, stewarding the budget, etc.
• Work with ministry leaders to champion and integrate evangelism equipping into various ministry settings.
• Maintain, add and evaluate relationships with local partners, global partners and missionaries.
• Assure there are ample local serving opportunities and short-term mission opportunities for Spring Lakers.
• Vibrant and healthy spiritual life.
• Gifted and skilled communicator.
• Solid team player who can play the role of servant, peer and leader in team dynamics.
• Ability to recruit, develop and retain volunteer teams.
• Member or willing to become member at Spring Lake Church.
About this Church
Spring Lake Church is a growing multi-site church in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The church has a vision to develop and equip tens of thousands of people to be Christ followers and disciplemakers through the power of the Holy Spirit, resulting in an enduring legacy of God’s love in northeastern Wisconsin and the world. With a healthy staff culture, Spring Lake is positioned for continued growth both spiritually and numerically.
While Green Bay is widely known as the home of the Packers, the region has much more to offer. The area is experiencing economic growth that is spurring residential growth. Green Bay is big enough to have amenities of mid-sized cities and is the gateway to the beautiful Northwoods and picturesque shores of Door County and a short drive away from the bigger cities of Milwaukee and Chicago. Known to be a great place to raise a family, the people of northeastern Wisconsin are friendly and welcoming. Overall, the region is a wonderful place to be in ministry.